Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Not Budging From Terms For Canelo-Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fight needs to happen now. Honestly I think 65/35 or 60/40 at best. I felt Jacobs did pull out the win but it was very close. Time is running out for GGG and Canelo always will have options. Loeffler and GGG will have to concede a little to make this fight happen.

Comment

Originally posted by War Dinamita View Post
      GGG's stock and draw keep declining after every fight. He got exposed again in his fight with Jacobs. GGG should stick to fighting guys that only come forward because he has a hard time making adjustments with guys that can move in the ring.

I don't know why he is playing hardball with GBP because they have all the cards and leverage. Canelo's leverage will increase after his next fight.

because they simply do not want that fight until after Golovkin has beaten Hopkins record

what other reason could there be ?

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        because they simply do not want that fight until after Golovkin has beaten Hopkins record

What promoter has 15m on the table and says nah rather fight a bum in khaza phuk Stan on regular HBO in the morning or tape delay instead? Of course it's K2 trying to milk GGG by pricing himself out. Mr I'm not a businessman last year and I bet canelo will low ball me with 2m offer now has a problem with his pen signing a 8 figure offer.

Comment

Quote:
          Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Mukuro View Post
          The sooner that fight gets made the better for GGG. I think he should take the best deal they can get out of Canelo and fight this year or early next. He does not have a trajectory that will improve his bargaining position at all.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Well-put. I previously felt that Golovkin had reasons to hold out but at this point, it's not likely to get any better for him and the whole thing could go up in smoke if one of them loses. With the way boxing ppvs are in the toilet, this might already be over-ripe. Nice Bundy avi, BTW. Quote

Exactly. This is what the hardcore GGG fans will likely never accept. Canelo is the biggest payday ever for their guy, and the clock is ticking with nothing on the horizon above the $2 mil range paydays they've been getting. Somebody at GGG Inc. needs to wake up. No one wants it in 2-5 years when the whole landscape is different.

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Fuck the money. Why should GGG's fans care about that? .. We're not getting any of it and neither are you.
          Because the money is the holdup my friend. No other reason. GGG should just sign the contract and let's get with it. Then we fans can finally see the damn fight.

Comment

even if you're a diehard GGG fan and have him beating Jacobs.. his stock dropped.

GGG was the indestructible bogeyman. that was the angle used to promote him. that baloon popped.

GGG needs to just take whatever is being offered. if he truly believes he can win then do it. and if Canelo wants a rematch now he gets to dictate. that's what Floyd did to get the DLH fight. he accepted his role a B side.

GGG is not making $15 million nowhere else. what other choice does he have?

Canelo can pursue a Cotto rematch, Chavez rematch, or if he wants to he can offer Billy Hoe more money and snatch him as a GGG opponent.

GGG needs to stop being a "business man" and just accept the terms so we can this over with.

Comment

Have to admit that after the Jacobs performance, you've got to think Canelo isn't the long shot most people think he would be. This De La Hoya **** on purse split, A side etc is just that, pure ****. I know it's a business and all that, blah, blah, blah but let's face it, GGG isn't going to be sleeping rough for a while yet - I don't think he's quite down to his last 5 bucks. So, just go tell the Golden Girl to **** off, take the BJS belt in Summer and just sit atop the middleweight tree for the next couple of years and watch ginger ***** float around fighting bum catchweights against nobodies. I mean, if ***** doesn't fight GGG after Chavez who does he fight!!

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                Lara ran from Canelo and embarrassed himself. Booed all night and regardless who you wanted to win you were disgusted with his performance. There was no fan outcry for a rematch. Jacobs out boxed GGG but stood his ground and fought too. landed more power punches then GGG to prove it. You ain't running when you land 144 power punches. GGG is facing major backlash and pressure to rematch Jacobs.

You can tell the difference in the fights because Jacobs despite officially losing not only it didn't hurt his stock but improved it. While Lara lost hurt his stock and is forever branded a coward runner. He'll NEVER get a fight with Canelo again, where as GGG has no choice he has to rematch.
                Lol. Lara's stock is soo high he had to pull a Rabbi out of RETIREMENT for a fight. Yuri Foreman just fought Lara in Lil Cuba and they couldnt even give away tickets to fill the place up. Lara was BOO'd soo bad thay fight I was surprised they didn't start throwing beers at him. That fight SUKED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

That actually make a lot of sense??? I never thought of it that way nefore??? He wants the record and his name in the history books.

Comment

The HBO PPV numbers will tell us who the A-side is! HBO PPV did GGG vs. Jacobs, and they'll be doing Canelo vs. Chavez Jr. If GGG vs. Jacobs does less than 500K, then GGG might as well sign the offer he has now! I'm sure Canelo vs. Chavez Jr. will be close to (if not more) 1 million.

Comment

It seems to me that De La Hoya doesn't want the fight. He's making up any excuse to duck Golovkin.

First it was the weight issue now it's the money. For his sake, he better hope that Canelo is successful in defeating JCC, Jr. However, I have this eerie feeling, that if Chavez, Jr. Doesn't win by knockout, he isn't going to win the fight, no matter how dominating his performance is.

Moreover, if the fight is anywhere close he can might as well forget about it. The reason being is there is no way he is going to win a close fight against Canelo on the scorecards whether the venue is in Nevada, Texas, California or any other heavily Chicano populated venue.

Comment

Working...
                      X