No announcement yet.

2016 is the worst year of boxing in the last 5 years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 is the worst year of boxing in the last 5 years

We are only going to have 3 mega 'A level vs A level' fights this year. In Thurman vs Porter, Crawford vs Postol, and Ward vs Kovalev. Hopefully Golovkin gets a fight with Jacobs or Saunders also. Other than that this year has sucked with too many mismatch and predictable fights. Thoughts?

Ruslan vs Molina, Frampton vs Quigg? Salido vs Vargas? Casual?

Comment

thurman-porter nor postal-crawford are mega fights man...just good solid match ups

Ward-Kovalev=Mega fight imo

and this is not a bad year of boxing the issue is most consider themselves diehard fans but are really barley over a casual fan as they only look for the big name fights...there has been plenty of good boxing this year, hell last weekend was a blockbuster

Comment

Originally posted by TBE vs GGG View Post
        We are only going to have 3 mega 'A level vs A level' fights this year. In Thurman vs Porter, Crawford vs Postol, and Ward vs Kovalev. Hopefully Golovkin gets a fight with Jacobs or Saunders also. Other than that this year has sucked with too many mismatch and predictable fights. Thoughts?
        How many A level fights have we had the past 5 years and can you name them?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          How many A level fights have we had the past 5 years and can you name them?
          Man just said Thurman and Porter...Postal-Crawford were mega fights..hell none of them are even proven to be A level at all

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
            Man just said Thurman and Porter...Postal-Crawford were mega fights..hell none of them are even proven to be A level at all
            Yea I don't really expect him to respond. If he's saying Crawford/Postol is an A-level fight he has to include every Pacquioa-Mayweather fight the past 5 years. But I'd doubt he'd include those.

Comment

The only "A level" fight I saw on your list was Ward vs Kova. The rest are just good solid matches

Comment

Seems like it's been slow. Thurman-Porter that's cool I guess, but it could have happened 3 times already. Missing out on Wilder-Povetkin sucked. The schedule feels very irregular. Also no Friday Night Fights

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
                  thurman-porter nor postal-crawford are mega fights man...just good solid match ups

Ward-Kovalev=Mega fight imo

and this is not a bad year of boxing the issue is most consider themselves diehard fans but are really barley over a casual fan as they only look for the big name fights...there has been plenty of good boxing this year, hell last weekend was a blockbuster
                  I think its just the disappointment of us having big fights fall through

on the bright side, heavyweight is heating up.....LETS GO CHAMP!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X