No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn, Mayweather To Join Forces For UK Boxing Events

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    I'm excited by this because hopefully Floyd is buying into Fury as the real deal and positioning himself to make a push with him and make some money in the process.
    The obvious fight for me is the DeGale/Jack. But Fury can be pushed as well. As of yet DiBella has been doing most of the fights I remember for Wilder, but Floyd may have a chance at Wilder/Fury or any of Hearns Welter Weights going against Spence

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
      Since when does Matchroom Sports need Mayweather promotions? Plus aside from Floyd Mayweather himself, Mayweather promotions doesn't have any elite fighters.
      Badou Jack is one of the best guys at 168. Top 3 imo, unarguably in the top 5 I think. I mean I guess it depends on what your definition of "elite" is, but personally I see a top 10 indie ranked caliber guy an elite guy & don't really see just the top 20 P4P in the world as being "elite".

Plus why can't cats just work together? Big companies work with smaller companies all the time. Its not all about a pissing contest, its about being of mutual benefit for each party at the given moment.

I like this move & feel like this is probably a part of the PBC UK invasion since Hearn & Mayweather both have close relationships with Haymon, although I see nothing to suggest that in the article. The UK is one of the best, most passionate boxing markets in the world these days so not a bad move for Mayweather to jump into that pool.

Comment

Watch Mayweather & Haymon destroy the boxing market there. Maybe they wont rest til boxing is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Matchroom Sport and Mayweather Promotions have teamed up as co-promoters for UK events.

The unprecedented move comes after former pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather revealed his desire to promote and manage fighters in Britain.

Mayweather, who retired undefeated at 49-0 last September, could apply for a British Boxing Board of Control licence as he looks to work with Eddie Hearn, the man with an exclusive broadcasting deal with Sky Sports.
          [Click Here To Read More]
          Floyd vs hatton 2?

Comment

Working...
          X