Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
    aboutfkntime - Saw your bit about the

** "It is against the WBC rules to rank the WBA champion."

and looking at my above example which lists the WBC's top 10 at Middleweight, you won't find Golovkin listed

Golovkin holds the Interim WBC, but he isn't ranked, so the WBC wouldn't be in violation of their own rules.

^pretty cut and dry. Refer to the post above where the WBC's rankings at Middleweight are posted

As for the Wlad and Povetkin example you keep bringing up. Going into the fight with Wlad, I think it's worth noting that Povetkin had the WBA regular title

So if the WBC rules say the WBC cannot rank WBA champs - How could Povetkin be ranked by the WBC?

YOU - "The WBC should have ranked Klitschko when he beat their #1 guy Povetkin."

Povetkin only acquired his WBC ranking after losing to Wlad.
    It is absolute fkn rubbish dude, dont be ridiculous !

You started your last post by saying this.....

" there's 4 Major sanctioning organizations ... don't you find that a little excessive "

Then you forgot that Klitschko is the best heavyweight on the planet.

He should OBVIOUSLY be ranked..... so dont waste 1 minute of my time trying to justify why he is not ranked.

The point is, why should we take the WBC seriously TODAY..... when they have chosen (FOR WHATEVER REASON) to completely ignore Klitschko for a decade.

The fact that the WBC have suddenly decided that they want a sanctioning fee and 5 minutes of fame..... will not affect Cotto, or Canelo for that matter.

EVERYONE knows that the ABC sanctioning bodies are corrupt as hell..... EVERYONE ridicules those same asshat sanctioning bodies whenever is suits them...... but today, today is different..... today we must observe their honored traditions, today we must preserve the sanctity of the sport, today we must do what is best for boxing according to the mighty WBC.....

GTFOH !

The WBC make decisions because it suits them..... and you asshats are supporting them because it suits Golovkin.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
      Not jumping into the whole debate you guys are having, just wanted to point out that GGG is ranked by the WBC as the interim champ, Cotto is ranked as the champion and Canelo is ranked as #1 contender. They are all ranked. GGG is ranked, just because you don't see a number next to his name doesn't mean he's not. Thats like saying Cotto isn't ranked by the WBC.
      Well holding an alphabet title makes your ranking self explanatory. with Golovkin holding an Interim WBC belt would you say the WBC is violating their own rules which state

"It is against The WBC rules to rank a WBA Champion"

all his ramblings about Klitschko aside, aboutfkntime does make an interesting point how the WBC is accomidating towards GGG

and not the same toward other boxers. Mayweather for example has been officially retired since September and not a peep has been said yet about the WBC title he holds (perhaps waiting till he inevitably returns?)

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      It is absolute fkn rubbish dude, dont be ridiculous !

You started your last post by saying this.....

" there's 4 Major sanctioning organizations ... don't you find that a little excessive "

Then you forgot that Klitschko is the best heavyweight on the planet.

He should OBVIOUSLY be ranked..... so dont waste 1 minute of my time trying to justify why he is not ranked.

The point is, why should we take the WBC seriously TODAY..... when they have chosen (FOR WHATEVER REASON) to completely ignore Klitschko for a decade.

The fact that the WBC have suddenly decided that they want a sanctioning fee and 5 minutes of fame..... will not affect Cotto, or Canelo for that matter.

EVERYONE knows that the ABC sanctioning bodies are corrupt as hell..... EVERYONE ridicules those same asshat sanctioning bodies whenever is suits them...... but today, today is different..... today we must observe their honored traditions, today we must preserve the sanctity of the sport, today we must do what is best for boxing according to the mighty WBC.....

GTFOH !

The WBC make decisions because it suits them..... and you asshats are supporting them because it suits Golovkin.
      Thanks for responding, I find you pretty entertaining. That said, How am I being ridiculous? You continuously keep bringing Wlad into this WBC bit when it has no place

Look Wlad is the best at HW. Minus Wilder/Stiverne and provided hegets by Tyson Fury Wlad will have basically beaten all the top HW's. He hasn't lost in over a decade and is closing in on the record for title defenses.

I don't have to justify anything, if you really think Wlad should be ranked by the WBC I'd suggest you write to them campaigning for Wlad to be ranked. Try here (contact@wbcboxing.com) Maybe you'll convince the WBC to make up a title expecially for Wlad .. I suggest the Super Interim Platinum with Gold-Silver and Bronze belt

Yes I agree these sanctioning orgs can be hard to take seriously .. and there's so many! The whole interim/Silver crap is just one of the things I take issue with

because the WBC claimed Silver titles would replace Interim titles. Yet Interim and Silver titles clearly both exist. And then you have the Diamond Belt which was first designed to be more of a complementary trophy which wouldn't be defended .... however when Kovalev fought for and won a WBC Diamond belt back in March vs Jean Pascal. The Diamond belt was used to try and create a new mandatory for Adonis Stevenson.

"The WBC has confirmed that Sergei Kovalev has expressed his desire to continue his quest to become the WBC officially-designated mandatory challenger. Accordingly, if Kovalev wins his fight against Jean Pascal, Kovalev will become the WBC light heavyweight diamond champion and mandatory challenger of the division."

^and that's just one organization. IMO the WBA is still pretty bad with their Super and Regular title holders in the same division

regardless I think we'll both agree It's a bunch of dilluted mess. Why don't the promoters step up a bit and stop going along with a lot of the nonsense.

Comment

Well holding an alphabet title makes your ranking self explanatory. with Golovkin holding an Interim WBC belt would you say the WBC is violating their own rules which state

all his ramblings about Klitschko aside, aboutfkntime does make an interesting point how the WBC is accomidating towards GGG

and not the same toward other boxers. Mayweather for example has been officially retired since September and not a peep has been said yet about the WBC title he holds (perhaps waiting till he inevitably returns?)

Thanks for responding, I find you pretty entertaining. That said, How am I being ridiculous? You continuously keep bringing Wlad into this WBC bit when it has no place

Look Wlad is the best at HW. Minus Wilder/Stiverne and provided hegets by Tyson Fury Wlad will have basically beaten all the top HW's. He hasn't lost in over a decade and is closing in on the record for title defenses.

I don't have to justify anything, if you really think Wlad should be ranked by the WBC I'd suggest you write to them campaigning for Wlad to be ranked. Try here (contact@wbcboxing.com) Maybe you'll convince the WBC to make up a title expecially for Wlad .. I suggest the Super Interim Platinum with Gold-Silver and Bronze belt

Yes I agree these sanctioning orgs can be hard to take seriously .. and there's so many! The whole interim/Silver crap is just one of the things I take issue with

because the WBC claimed Silver titles would replace Interim titles. Yet Interim and Silver titles clearly both exist. And then you have the Diamond Belt which was first designed to be more of a complementary trophy which wouldn't be defended .... however when Kovalev fought for and won a WBC Diamond belt back in March vs Jean Pascal. The Diamond belt was used to try and create a new mandatory for Adonis Stevenson.

"The WBC has confirmed that Sergei Kovalev has expressed his desire to continue his quest to become the WBC officially-designated mandatory challenger. Accordingly, if Kovalev wins his fight against Jean Pascal, Kovalev will become the WBC light heavyweight diamond champion and mandatory challenger of the division."

^and that's just one organization. IMO the WBA is still pretty bad with their Super and Regular title holders in the same division

regardless I think we'll both agree It's a bunch of dilluted mess. Why don't the promoters step up a bit and stop going along with a lot of the nonsense.
        Good post !

My main point is, nobody in the world will disagree that Wladimir Klitschko is not the best heavyweight on the planet..... including Deontay Wilder.

He should be ranked, and there is no possible justification to overlook him.

No big deal, we all know whats up with the ABC organisations.

I just dont want the WBC to fcuk up this fight, simply because they have a financial agenda. They have been extremely vocal, and they have issued off-handed press releases confirming all sorts of things..... the mandate, demanding an immediate defence, confirming that they will not sanction a catchweight if Golovkin refuses, that the winner will be stripped, that Golovkin will be elevated automatically.

I am sure that everyone can see whats up.

The WBC have paved the way for Golovkin.

My issue is..... the Golovkin fans all know that the WBC are corrupt maggots..... but they will decide to fully support the WBC today simply because it suits Golovkin.

If Golovkin chooses to hide behind the fact that the winner be stripped if he refuses them a catchweight, he will never live it down imo.

He actually needs that fight.

Comment

Exactly why I started my post with "not trying to get in your debate". The fact is that there is so many factors and discouraging things with sanctioning bodies, if we actually brake it down, it would be a 20 page forum by itself. I just kinda say it is what it is. Sanctioning bodies are equally bad as they are good. In this case I want to see Cotto vs. GGG, so kudos to them for breaking they're own rules, which they will do again when they want Wilder and Klitschko to fight. In the end it's more about the money then for the fans. That being said it wouldn't surprise me if they shanked GGG again, lol, totally possible.

Comment

• Cotto vs Canelo for Vacant title .... what does GGG do?

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            Good post !

My main point is, nobody in the world will disagree that Wladimir Klitschko is not the best heavyweight on the planet..... including Deontay Wilder.

He should be ranked, and there is no possible justification to overlook him.

I just dont want the WBC to fcuk up this fight, simply because they have a financial agenda. They have been extremely vocal, and they have issued off-handed press releases confirming all sorts of things..... the mandate, demanding an immediate defence, confirming that they will not sanction a catchweight if Golovkin refuses, that the winner will be stripped, that Golovkin will be elevated automatically.

I am sure that everyone can see whats up.

The WBC have paved the way for Golovkin.

My issue is..... the Golovkin fans all know that the WBC are corrupt maggots..... but they will decide to fully support the WBC today simply because it suits Golovkin.

If Golovkin chooses to hide behind the fact that the winner be stripped if he refuses them a catchweight, he will never live it down imo.

He actually needs that fight.
            Horribly late response but its great timing with Cotto-Canelo tomorrow night. Got my theater tickets and planning to attend. Continuing on You might not agree with GGG being recognized by the WBC, but at least we can factually track how it happened (won Interim WBC belt vs Rubio)

As for Klitschko and the WBC, how would you justify the WBC ranking him? He'd have to Diamond Belt his way in or something .. on that note, look at 3 Alphabet title holder Sergey Kovalev, who makes an appearence in the WBC rankings while happening to hold title belts of the 3 other major organizations

you probably know Cotto didn’t pay his sanctioning fee to the WBC meaning win-lose-or-draw he cannot walk away as Middleweight champion. Going forward that's going to be an interesting situation

because GGG probably could sit on his Interim status and be upgraded to full champion, but that doesn't benefit him as He’d go from being a European unknown with 2 alphabet titles to an unknown euro with ONE more title. To elevate his career GGG needs to get Canelo or Cotto in the ring with him. I absolutely agree with you in that regard

If Golovkin takes the title on a technicality (upgraded from Interim) there's no glory in that. shucks, right now the only financial benefit Golovkin is getting from the Canelo-Cotto fight is step aside money. A decent payday, but nothing compared to the exposure of a clash with the winner.

Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
            Exactly why I started my post with "not trying to get in your debate". The fact is that there is so many factors and discouraging things with sanctioning bodies, if we actually brake it down, it would be a 20 page forum by itself. I just kinda say it is what it is. Sanctioning bodies are equally bad as they are good. In this case I want to see Cotto vs. GGG, so kudos to them for breaking they're own rules, which they will do again when they want Wilder and Klitschko to fight. In the end it's more about the money then for the fans. That being said it wouldn't surprise me if they shanked GGG again, lol, totally possible.
            Between the 4 organizations you could probably write a book about all the sketchy and shady things they've done. Well the WBC MW belt now vacant, the plot thickens. Because Oscar is on record saying Canelo isn't quite ready for Middle, so that leaves Super Welter, but a lot of Canelo's fight options there (Charlo's/Andrade/Lara Rematch) you could argue are moderate risk with little reward. So what does Canelo do?

yeah sanctioning orgs have their pros and cons, but for me hands down my biggest con is the WBA and their Regular and Super title nonsense

for example Keith Thurman and Erislandy Lara both hold Regular titles which only happened because Mayweather defeated WBA champs Marcos Maidana & Canelo. Mayweather's wins elevated HIM to Super Champ and created a vacant "regular title"

I can't tell what's worse.

a division having 2 title holders (Super champ and Regular champ) or
            nobody in boxing doing a damn thing about it.

**What stops a promoter from rejecting the WBA regular title, calling it nonsense and a silly way to weasel money

if ya'll are seeing Canelo-Cotto hope you enjoy it, going chronologically it's my most anticipated fight right after Wlad-Fury, which is next weekend
            Last edited by MJ406; 11-21-2015, 12:42 AM.

Comment

• 154 for Floyd doe

Comment

• Rahim doe, not Rivera

Comment

Working...
                X