No announcement yet.

Prime Tito would have KO Margarito, Cotto can't do the same

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Tito would have KO Margarito, Cotto can't do the same

I wish it was Tito in the ring on Saturday night. But sadly cotto will be pummeled again. Basically Cotto is a 6rd fighter with **** stamina. Cotto cant have the same gameplan for this fight. For Cotto to win he has to actually stand and fight margarito like tito would j]have done. To beat Margarito cotto cant overuse his legas like the 1rst fight, he has to make it a close quarters fight and basically smother maragaritos punches while at the same time counter Margarito with hard body punches and finish upstairs. He has to wrk Margarito from the bottom up. Forget about countering Marg to head, counter him to the body and hard and maybe he has a chance. I dont know if Cotto has it in him to make it that type of fight. we'll see....

Whats all the Tito hugging on here,he lost to dlh who is not that great of a fighter,oh and if you mention the bs decision i know.

Comment

Stamina? Cotto's stamina is fine. His ability to stop Margarito from uppercutting in the face all night is what is in question.

Comment

Tito would have taken Marg's head off.

Comment

Originally posted by StreetBully2 View Post
          Whats all the Tito hugging on here,he lost to dlh who is not that great of a fighter,oh and if you mention the bs decision i know.
          Delahoya is 10x the fighter Marg is.

Comment

Lol, I say tito by decision or ko, or margarito by KO, tito could box when he wants to but his love for mixing it up could've cost him in a margarito matchup

Comment

Originally posted by -PITO- View Post
              Lol, I say tito by decision or ko, or margarito by KO, tito could box when he wants to but his love for mixing it up could've cost him in a margarito matchup
              Margarito wouldn't have a chance in hell against Tito not even a punchers chance

Comment

the Tito nuthugging is ridiculous at times lol

i do think he would beat Marg

Comment

Originally posted by -PITO- View Post
                  He wouldnt have to box Marg

He would bulldoze right thru him.

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=3851437

^^^That guy was insane. I remember when I read this article shortly before the Margarito-Mosley fight when, at the time, Margarito was at the peak of his career. Even then, I thought he was wrong. Today...I still think he's wrong.

Jump to #2. Margarito looked indestructible against Cotto, but even then...I don't think he would've withstood punishment against Tito for so long (at 147).

I urge you to read that article.

Originally posted by StreetBully2 View Post
                    De la Hoya and Margarito are worlds apart. Tito could be outboxed as he was in his three losses. If you tried to fight him, you'd get beat up. If you tried to fight him at 147...you'd go home in body bag. Getting hit by a 147 Trinidad was like getting shot in the head with one of these:

Last edited by TintaBoricua; 11-29-2011, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X