No announcement yet.

Lou DiBella Goes In in New Podcast Interview

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lou DiBella Goes In in New Podcast Interview

Lou spits that real talk about the role of a manager/promoter, the Ali Act and lawsuits, HBO and their output deals, Golden Boy, Arum, PBC/Haymon, his Broadway Boxing series, etc. on a recent 'Technical Draw' podcast.

Very good stuff for fans interested in some of the behind the scenes stuff with boxing. Interview is long.

This site won't let me link directly to it, but the interview can be found by searching for the podcast.

EDIT: Adding shortened link to podcast: http://goo.gl/Le9m29
    Last edited by Sweet Jones; 02-12-2016, 04:00 PM. Reason: Added Link

You should be able to link it

Comment

Originally posted by KeyboardWarrior View Post
      You should be able to link it
      It gave me the ***** when I tried to link it. But if you can, please do so.

Comment

Yikes they need some work on their format. Might be good, dude's an attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
          This site won't let me link directly to it, but the interview can be found by searching for the podcast.
          Go to google link shortener. Enter URL. Copy and paste the google link here.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post

Yikes they need some work on their format. Might be good, dude's an attorney.
            It's good. The DiBella clowned dude the last 10 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
              Go to google link shortener. Enter URL. Copy and paste the google link here.
              Added it to original post. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
                It's good. The DiBella clowned dude the last 10 mins.
                I'm 31min in and Lou's been clowning him pretty much non-stop. Not a good idea to have DiBella as your first ever guest. He doesn't challenge Lou on alot of things he's saying and just backs off.

Comment

A lot of good points brought up. Especially the Ali Act. Lou helped craft the Ali Act. I'm pretty sure if Haymon was violating it Lou would let him know. Also the part about promoters only having to disclose revenues after the fight. After the fighter has already negotiated his purse. Another good point was the TV rights. Haymon told Floyd that Arum was getting paid from the rebroadcast of his fights and Floyd wasn't seeing a dime. There are a lot of revenue streams fighters don't know about. As a former promoter Haymon knows these revenue streams and is able to get a part of them for his fighters.

Comment

I'm about 40 minutes in. Good stuff from Lou so far. You can tell the guy hosting the podcast is in bed with those Max Boxing clowns like Steve Kim and Gabriel some****.

Comment

Working...
                    X