No announcement yet.

Broner: "After I f*** this asian up."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
    Black fighters were doing that way before McGregor. And that Irish ***** got what he deserved too.
    True. IMO its played out now. In the era we are in now Broner looks beyond silly. He doesn't seem to get that society is different and that isn't something people want to hear or see during a promotion.

Well everyone except Mcgregor fans who seem to want it and respond to it, whether he says "he's black from the waist down" or he says Kabib's dad was in on 9/11.

Comment

Originally posted by CineScape View Post
      Actually you are wrong. Black isn’t an ethnicity. African would be an ethnicity. Tito Trinidad is Black, but his ethnicity is HISPANIC. Ortiz is black, but his ethnicity is HISPANIC. Ortiz’s NATIONALITY is Cuban. Trinidad’s NATIONALITY is Puerto Rican.

If you want to get technical, They are BOTH of African descent, which would be ethnicity. There is no ethnicity as white either. That would be European and other ethnic minority groups.

White, Black, etc are racial classification specifiers. If you don’t understand that, I don’t know what else to tell you.
      So for anyone keeping score.

Broner
      Race - Black
      Ethnicity - American

Pac
      Race - Asian
      Ethnicity - Filipino

Definitions
      Race - each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics

Ethnicity - the fact or state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition

To the OP's point, yes, there is a double standard imo, and yes, I believe Broner is a dunz and shouldn't have said it. The double standard is that the snowflakes will not/didn't attack him the way they would if he was white.

Comment

Broner is like a train wreck....you don't want to look but you just can't help peeking at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheerios36 View Post
          So for anyone keeping score.

Broner
          Race - Black
          Ethnicity - American

Pac
          Race - Asian
          Ethnicity - Filipino

Definitions
          Race - each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics

Ethnicity - the fact or state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition

To the OP's point, yes, there is a double standard imo, and yes, I believe Broner is a dunz and shouldn't have said it. The double standard is that the snowflakes will not/didn't attack him the way they would if he was white.
          Incorrect:

Broner
          Race: Negroid
          Nationality: American
          Ethnicity: African

Pacquiao
          Race: Mongoloid
          Nationality: Filipino
          Ethnicity: Asian

Seriously, I know you guys paid attention in school.

Comment

AB fin a take a ass whoopin' datz 4 shour'

Comment

Incorrect:

Broner

Pacquiao
              Race: Mongoloid
              Ethnicity: Asian

Seriously, I know you guys paid attention in school.

Wrong.

Not sure you are paying attention to what you just said.

Asian isn't a ethnicity (especially those that live in Asia). It is the layman's term for a Race. Not the scientific name you used, but the layman's term. Same with Black and Mongoloid. You just said so yourself "White, Black, etc are racial classification specifiers".

So again, for layman's term for ethnicity it is Filipino. You can break ethnicity down like crazy, but for the sake of this discussion, Filipino is proper. NOT Asian, cause again, as you just said, it is a racial classification.

Broner's ethincity is NOT African. Which social and cultural group do you think he belongs to? African or American? Again, the definition, state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition. If you dispute that he is of African Ethnicity, then that is crazy to me.

Put differently, do you think Broner relates more to Americans or Africans? Like, who do you think he will most likely share the same cultural and social traits with? It isn't Africa.

So this is correct...

Broner
              Race: Negroid / Black
              Ethnicity: American

Pacquiao
              Race: Mongoloid / Asian
              Ethnicity: Filipino

Comment

Originally posted by Cheerios36 View Post
                Wrong.

Not sure you are paying attention to what you just said.

Asian isn't a ethnicity (especially those that live in Asia). It is the layman's term for a Race. Not the scientific name you used, but the layman's term. Same with Black and Mongoloid. You just said so yourself "White, Black, etc are racial classification specifiers".

So again, for layman's term for ethnicity it is Filipino. You can break ethnicity down like crazy, but for the sake of this discussion, Filipino is proper. NOT Asian, cause again, as you just said, it is a racial classification.

Broner's ethincity is NOT African. Which social and cultural group do you think he belongs to? African or American? Again, the definition, state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition. If you dispute that he is of African Ethnicity, then that is crazy to me.

Put differently, do you think Broner relates more to Americans or Africans? Like, who do you think he will most likely share the same cultural and social traits with? It isn't Africa.

So this is correct...

Broner
                Race: Negroid / Black
                Ethnicity: American

Pacquiao
                Race: Mongoloid / Asian
                Ethnicity: Filipino
                I’ll give you a few more examples:

Joshua
                Nationality: British

Lennox Lewis
                Nationality: British/Canadian

Stevenson
                Nationality: Canadian
                Ethnicity: Haitian (by way of Africa)

Francois Botha
                Race: Caucasoid
                Nationality: South African
                Ethnicity: European

Come on man. I know you understand what I’m talking about.

Comment

I’ll give you a few more examples:

Joshua
                  Nationality: British

Lennox Lewis
                  Nationality: British/Canadian

Stevenson
                  Nationality: Canadian
                  Ethnicity: Haitian (by way of Africa)

Francois Botha
                  Race: Caucasoid
                  Nationality: South African
                  Ethnicity: European

Come on man. I know you understand what I’m talking about.

No, I don't get that you don't understand what Ethnicity is.

By definition, the fact or state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition.

Broner
                  National Tradition - American (he lives in America)
                  Cultural Tradition - American (Not many African rituals I would assume)
                  Social Group - Americans (Do you think he is hanging out with Africans or Americans?)

Not one thing there is African. Some of his ancestry roots are from Africa (probably mixed in there too), but that is it.

What cultural tradition from Africa do you think Broner practices?

Who do you think he hangs out with (Social Group), Americans or Africans?

I can tell you now with very high probability, he is probably practicing about 10 American cultural and social norms and hanging out with Americans right now.

This really isn't disputable.

Comment

Pac should call him a monkey like Conor did to Floyds bodyguards. And then Broner should sexually assault Pac. Pac might like it though since Filipinos are mostly gay.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      True. IMO its played out now. In the era we are in now Broner looks beyond silly. He doesn't seem to get that society is different and that isn't something people want to hear or see during a promotion.

Well everyone except Mcgregor fans who seem to want it and respond to it, whether he says "he's black from the waist down" or he says Kabib's dad was in on 9/11.
                      Yep I cant stand either one of them! And mcnuggets gets away with stuff a black or Hispanic fighter couldnt.

Comment

Working...
                      X