Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DAZN Announces Gennady Golovkin's 3-Year, 6-Fight Agreement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    good on G. I just hope the contract isn't a few bum tuneups only to sacrifice him at 40 to Canelo for the trilogy.

Also, G has a promotion company? So there are 3 on DAZN now?
    Just what I thought when I saw this thread. GGG is past his best, but he may still have one more great fight left in him.

That trilogy fight needs to happen this year though, or it will be too late for Golovkin, if it isn't already.

Comment

Well holy f#ck Fat "Broken Clock" Dan was right.

Not surprising obviously.

This likely makes Canelo vs GGG III a near lock to happen in September & worse case he's probably got dibs on May 2020.

Should be interesting to see what DAZN does with all these 160lb guys.

Andrade is for sure gonna get a big fight unless he f#cks up his DAZN deal which I wouldn't put past him being able to do. Jacobs is probably an extremely good bet to get his GGG rematch now.

Comment

LOL GGG won't fight 6 more times. He turns 37 next month and is past his prime. He will get beaten again this year.

Comment

Finally! Canelo, Jacobs, GGG and Andrade all together like one big happy family.

Comment

Nope he lost that rematch soundly

Comment

Originally posted by MPDKSAB View Post
              As much as I think GGG got done dirty, I'm not tryna see him fight Canelo for the rest of his life.

Why can't Andrade get nobody to fight him man? Smh
              Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
              Good call TS... I bet GGGs smiling if that report is anything like accurate. That's minimum $60+ mil with only one opponent who could potentially generate even close to a ROI for DZN. I'd say he made out like fkn bandit there.... well, unless they're planning on having him fight Canelo six times
              I'm sure that at least one of GGG's 6 fights will be against Andrade and another will be a rematch with Jacobs. Providing everything goes to plan, of course.

Comment

Golovkin has been afforded the option of purchasing equity in DAZN through his fight purses as well, though it is not yet clear whether that has happened
                GGG trying to set up his retirement plan & betting on DAZN looks like.

Comment

Well, that means the 3rd fight against Canelo is set in stone. Unless DJ beats the ginger

Comment

Good for GGG !!!

Comment

Originally posted by alexnation View Post
                      Well, that means the 3rd fight against Canelo is set in stone. Unless DJ beats the ginger
                      Or Andrade beating GGG in June.

Comment

Working...
                      X