Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite Wrestling Matches of All time??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
    Shawn Michaels is one of my all-time favorites too. I was like 9 or 10 years old when I watched him throw Marty Janetty head first through that barbershop window. I was like, "when I grow up, I wanna be like him."

He was way better as a heel in the early 90s and the Attitude. Like ten times better. And I wish Marty Janetty could have stayed clean. He and HBK had some great matches against each other.

Speaking of favorite matches, I loved Jannety's match on Smackdown with Kurt Angle back in 2005. Wasn't one of the greatest ever, it was awesome for a TV match and surpassed expectations and it was good to see him in great shape.
    Yeah, I always liked HBK. Didn't know Jannetty had any drug problems or anything. I knew he fell off the radar big time though.

Comment

That time I slammed Tommy delveccio on the sidewalk. ****s was hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
        No, I see why he did it. It definitely worked out. It's just like, when you watch something you loved as a kid and then grow up and it looks like the lamest thing ever. Hogan as a heel worked much better imo. But hey. Vince is the promoter-not me.
        Yeah, just wish Vince didn't sometimes have a habit of shoving wrestlers or matches down people's throats. I saw some old shoot interview where George The Animal Steele said that's what Vince did with the Warrior/Andre squash matches, although the rematch on TV from MSG lasted longer. He's done the same recently with Cena and then Reigns. At least with Reigns, he was getting some cheers again with the Shield back together. I heard on one of Bruce Prichard's podcasts that a lot of the guys behind the scenes wanted Cena to turn heel, like when he had that rapper gimmick.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          Yeah, just wish Vince didn't sometimes have a habit of shoving wrestlers or matches down people's throats. I saw some old shoot interview where George The Animal Steele said that's what Vince did with the Warrior/Andre squash matches, although the rematch on TV from MSG lasted longer. He's done the same recently with Cena and then Reigns. At least with Reigns, he was getting some cheers again with the Shield back together. I heard on one of Bruce Prichard's podcasts that a lot of the guys behind the scenes wanted Cena to turn heel, like when he had that rapper gimmick.
          This is true and well, I get it's pro wrestling but in the 80s every one of Vince's guys had to be a walking cartoon. It got really old. At least the other promotions were quite as corny in that area at least. Quite ridiculous.

Comment

The rock vs stone cold
            The rock vs HHH
            The rock vs Kurt angle
            Chris Jericho vs "Kirk angel"

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
              I hear you. I remember these three kids in my HS who died in street racing car accident. Actually four, because one victim was a girl who went to a different HS. It happened on a weekend, the next Monday in school was surreal in a bad way. Like a nightmare.

I loved the NWO. The best thing they did was turn Hogan heel. They were must see TV from 96-98, but they got watered down by adding too many nobodies like Buff Bagwell and Horace Hogan (lol).

And they dragged the NWO angle too long. It's like they had one brilliant idea that would change the wrestling business, but had no idea how to end it or what to do afterwards. So WCW just fell apart and died a slow death from 1999-2001.

It's funny how WCW signing Bret Hart was supposed to the nail in the coffin for WWF, but ended up being the start of WCW's downward spiral.
              Yep. That was the biggest problem. The collapse of the WCW was unlike anything I’ve ever seen. The last 2-3 years of that promotion was a complete disaster.

Comment

i think the john cena vs cm punk match on raw for the #1 contender match was better than the mitb match

Comment

Working...
                X