Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Record level of Student loan Defaults in the U.S...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Why are those kids in a 200K debt anyway? I go to a school that costs less then 6000K per year and pay it off all by myself and will receive the same degree as those paying 60K a year.

People need to learn that college loans are not Free money for 4 years

I agree completely.

Comment

Is there, by any chance, record college attendance too?

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
        I agree that the standard for getting a degree needs to be raised.

But no student loans? What about kids who need them? A lot of my friends wouldn't have been able to go to undergrad, much less law school if not for loans?

Not everybody is meant to go to college, but one's financial situation should not be a determining factor.

I however do think we should provide free college for those who want to go. So, raise the bar to get accepted, and to graduate, but don't put kids in the situation where they need student loans.

There is no need to spend as much as we do on military. Just like college, the military has lowered standards and will take just about anybody. Just like college graduates: We don't need more army, we need a more efficient army. We should only be concerned with having a military to DEFEND us.
        Very much agree with the bolded.

If you got the gift and is willing to work hard, I say let'em. Nothing worse in life than wasted talent.

Comment

Working...
        X