Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is Lewis Hamilton the best F1 driver ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elite driver in the GOAT tier for sure. However, it is very hard to compare drivers from different eras because of the rapid change in technology, safety, tracks all of it.

It's much more of an engineering exercise these days with little to no aggression allowed and spectacular battles being nonexistent.

With that being said, Lewis is a phenomenal driver, one of the best ever, but if I really had to put my money down I'd probably still pick Schumi and Senna over him, because I believe those guys where ice cold, where Hamilton is a bit of a diva.

Hamilton also, without any doubt has been one of the luckiest drivers of all time, things just always work out in his favor. He has also had the best car under him by a good margin most of the time.

It is really hard to judge drivers these days, it's definitely mostly an engineering exercise.

Comment

Senna was an NSX guy so im bias.

Comment

Senna had the most natural talent and Schumacher was the most complete driver I feel Hamilton is up there with them but I would place him behind those two for sure

Comment

I remember seeing a metric ranking drivers by how many seasons they had the fastest car (as in car vs car performance -- a variable separate from their driving performance). Hamilton had the fastest car on the grid the most seasons out of anyone. Alonso ranked really high because he consistently raced slow cars but still challenged for the title with them.

However I'm the same with F1 as I am with professional wrestling. I rewatch the early 90s rosters from when I was a kid; no interest in the current stuff. I assume Schumacher will be the best for a long time with Senna/Prost as the most remembered rivalry.
          Last edited by ////; 11-04-2019, 01:53 PM.

Comment

its about the car not the driver.

Lewis won next to nothing without the car.

The best drivers are in rally.

Comment

Hard to argue if someone thinks he is the greatest. Certainly in the conversation with Schumacher, and Senna. Those three are definitely a cut above the other greats of the sport. I wouldn't quibble with any one of the three.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post

Different skills for different kinds of racing. Robbie Gordon who has had an amazing career in off road racing with Baja wins, Dakar stage wins, Seabring, and 24 hours of Daytona, but he could never really do anything significant in NASCAR. Its rare for a driver to have success in several different forms of racing.

The car in any motor sport is of high importance. Its rare for a scrub team to have success no matter who the driver is.

Comment

Lewis is not done, hes going to continue making history, looking forward to the next seasons, Lecrlec n Max are coming

Hes been dominating, with the best kart making him the GOAT, this duo is GOAT

2021 rules will change

Comment

I reckon modern F1 is like MotoGP after they switched to 4-stroke prototypes from the posts here.

The technology became too complex. Each season 1-2 manufacturers on the grid have any real chance. The rest are just running laps out of contractual obligation.

Prototype racing just isn't very good.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post

rally drivers use cars too

Comment

Working...
                      X