Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parents, what is your opinion on your (school aged) childs education?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents, what is your opinion on your (school aged) childs education?

So I just went to a parent teacher conference for my 5th grade son (9years old). Usually I like to go because a lot of teachers at my kids elemenatary schhool are hot. This time, I honestly left in utter disbelief as to where education in the U.S.A. is headed. Ive honestly been trippin for the last few days about it. Have any of you heard of Growth Mindset and Common Core values? If you havent, please youtube/google it. Itll blow your mind to such liberal non-sense.

I will hit a few key DISTURBING points my sons teacher pointed out to me. Basically she told me that all American generations until NOW, were taught wrong and are basically dumb. She said we live in a generation of non-thinkers. From there she went on to say we have been programmed to find the right answer but not programmed to think. She said, "THE CORRECT ANSWER DOES NOT MATTER." Its about broadening your perspective and basically getting it wrong and learning from it, but still the right answer does not matter.

Also she pointed out that letter grades like A,B,C, D, & F will be eliminated because its about growing. For instance if your children is up to par and goes into the 5th grade at a 5th grade reading level and leaves at a 6th he/she is basically a C student because he/she didnt do much but the dummy in class that comes in at a 2nd grade reading level and leaves at a 4th is basically the A student because he/she drastically improved. She said other countries have used this and thats why they are ahead of us in education.

Personally I can go on forever about this but I think its complete and utter ****. We are teaching our kids that failing is ok as long as you tried. 6th place ribbons all around for USA kids!!!

Itd be cool to hear what parents outside of the USA think... Thoughts?

I don't have kids, but if I did, I'd home school them.

Comment

Working...
    X