Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ricky Hatton: Canelo Has Improved Tremendously Since The Mayweather Fight [VIDEO]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
    So there we have it. The legendary Ricky Hatton himself confirms that Canelo is now a far better fighter than when he faced Floyd, other than the fact he was weight-drained in the fight too of course. But Hatton thinks his skills have improved a great deal and as he's already said, he himself isn't confident that Khan can pull off the upset because of the huge weight disparity between the fighters.

@ 5:45

Ricky is looking at the coke on the mirror
    I'm asking him to change his ways!!!

STFU you bloated pile of mierda!

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
      Nonsense. Khan would never have the intelligence to beat Floyd. Yeah he has speed but people like Julio Diaz, Peterson, Algieri and Garcia weren't that bothered by his speed. Why do you think Floyd would be?

If you have nothing to offer Floyd apart from speed, you're not going to beat him. Khan has a low ring IQ, no inside game, no real good defence, average footwork, average power, not much of a chin. A guy with these attributes cannot beat Floyd Mayweather. He wouldn't even break a sweat.
      Instead of gravitating towards Khan's poorer performances, look at Khan's better performances : Maidana, Judah, Alexander, Collazo, Malignaggi etc.. It's that version of Khan I'm talking about and he showed decent ring IQ, decent inside game, good defence (especially against Alexander and Collazo recently), exceptional footwork, good power (knocking down Collazo 3 times when Thurman didn't once, knocking down Maidana when Floyd couldn't do that in 24 rounds, Broner couldn't do that etc..), and a decent chin too (taking Maidana's best shots without dropping, taking a few Collazo bombs without flinching, bearing in mind Collazo KOd Ortiz in 2 rounds the fight before Khan).

You're imagining Floyd facing the worst version of Khan, while I'm talking about the best version of Khan.

Admittedly, Khan is one of those fighters who isn't always consistent for a number of different reasons behind the scenes.

Peterson - Khan went to his home town and in my opinion won the fight anyway but got robbed. Peterson was later busted for PEDs and the WBA overturned the decision. Only the corrupt IBF allowed Peterson to get away with it which is why it still appears as an L when it should really be an NC.

Garcia - Khan trained himself for about 70% of the camp because Roach was training Pac in the Philippines for Bradley I. In sparring he looked terrible, throwing the same ridiculous jab/uppercut combo which landed him in trouble against Garcia. There was no trainer there to correct his mistakes.

Diaz - Inconsistent fighter himself but when on his A-game he's an underrated fighter who beat Shawn Porter in most people's eyes just 4 months before he faced Khan.

Algieri - Khan wasn't motivated for the fight but he still won clearly. It wasn't even close so not worth mentioning. Two judges scored it correctly as 117 - 111. Khan won 9 rounds, Algieri 3.

Point is, if the best version of Khan shows up, he beats Floyd at this point in his career, that's why Floyd kept avoiding the fight because he was well aware of the risk.

Comment

Floyd would never fight this version of nelo. Otherwise he would have used his initiative and fought nelo at 155 for a 160 title.

Comment

well he should have gotten better since floyd schooled that man. Tought him some ****

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
            Instead of gravitating towards Khan's poorer performances, look at Khan's better performances : Maidana, Judah, Alexander, Collazo, Malignaggi etc.. It's that version of Khan I'm talking about and he showed decent ring IQ, decent inside game, good defence (especially against Alexander and Collazo recently), exceptional footwork, good power (knocking down Collazo 3 times when Thurman didn't once, knocking down Maidana when Floyd couldn't do that in 24 rounds, Broner couldn't do that etc..), and a decent chin too (taking Maidana's best shots without dropping, taking a few Collazo bombs without flinching, bearing in mind Collazo KOd Ortiz in 2 rounds the fight before Khan).

You're imagining Floyd facing the worst version of Khan, while I'm talking about the best version of Khan.

Admittedly, Khan is one of those fighters who isn't always consistent for a number of different reasons behind the scenes.

Peterson - Khan went to his home town and in my opinion won the fight anyway but got robbed. Peterson was later busted for PEDs and the WBA overturned the decision. Only the corrupt IBF allowed Peterson to get away with it which is why it still appears as an L when it should really be an NC.

Garcia - Khan trained himself for about 70% of the camp because Roach was training Pac in the Philippines for Bradley I. In sparring he looked terrible, throwing the same ridiculous jab/uppercut combo which landed him in trouble against Garcia. There was no trainer there to correct his mistakes.

Diaz - Inconsistent fighter himself but when on his A-game he's an underrated fighter who beat Shawn Porter in most people's eyes just 4 months before he faced Khan.

Algieri - Khan wasn't motivated for the fight but he still won clearly. It wasn't even close so not worth mentioning. Two judges scored it correctly as 117 - 111. Khan won 9 rounds, Algieri 3.

Point is, if the best version of Khan shows up, he beats Floyd at this point in his career, that's why Floyd kept avoiding the fight because he was well aware of the risk.

Well, Diaz is a good fighter on his day but any supposed elite fighter would deal with him easy. Do you really think Diaz could give a guy like Mayweather or Pacquiao a good fight? See,its about levels.

Garcia beat him fair and square, So did Prescott. Peterson won in my opinion and the Algieri fight could have been a draw, i had it near enough a draw but Khan might have edged it. Again it's levels, unmotivated or not, an elite fighter would have dealt with him much easier.

Anyway i know Khan on his game is a good fighter. but anybody truly elite wouldn't be struggling with Peterson, Algieri and Diaz. Or get KO'd by Prescott and KO'd by Garcia in 4 rounds.

There's only so many excuses you can make for a fighter. On his night he is good but a real elite fighter would never have struggled against these fighters the way he did, and it's not like it's a rare one-off thing.

He looks good against the guys he should look good against, and he has a couple of good wins. That's all, nothing more and nothing less.

I'm not even a Floyd fan but Floyd wouldn't even need to operate at 70% to beat Khan.

Comment

Working...
            X