Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Wladimir was always a coward at heart" true or false?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoz View Post
    Wow, started blackening Wlad's name already. You realise that only belittles Fury's achievement?

Anyway, Wladimir has always had his demons. It's how he came back from devastating defeats which I found endearing. Last night, when he was befuddled by Fury, he needed some clarity in his corner - he got nothing.

Last night, when he was finally tested after such a long run as champ, he needed Manny Steward.
    I didn't say it?

Comment

That's false. He fought with the same style that got him to be the most dominant heavyweight of his era, he just met his match stylistically and physically.

Comment

Boxing fans have such a hard time talking about the grey area in the sport. To too many fans you are either the best or a bum. You are brave or a coward. You'll fight anyone or cherry pick. You are "the" champ or a paper champ. There is no in between. The simple boring reality is Klitschko was 2nd best last night.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
          Good post. Ten plus years ago he was a great offensive fighter. I remember the first time I saw him I was blown away that a guy his size had that type of arsenal. He's neglected about 75% of his offence in order to win in a really ugly fashion. He had the ability to change the fight last night, he just refused to Entertain the idea. He's had a great run but I'm glad he lost. The only way for him to beat fury is to fight like he did in the 12th, if he's not willing to do that, he should just retire.
          I agree. Much like yourself Wlad really made me sit up and take note the first time I saw him fight. The potential there was exciting. Even after the set backs I felt he had the unmolded talent to come back from them and progress as a fighter.

By the time the bell rang to close the twelfth round of the Ibrahimov fight he'd lost me as a fan. The realisation that there wasn't going to be another phase in his development was that disappointing and his conduct and performance in the ring was so poor that that was me. I was out. Other than the odd round I didn't watch him again until he fought David Haye three years later.

To give him his dues I felt that that was a comparatively good performance so in hope I started to watch his fights again. I didn't spring eternal. At one point I found myself thinking that at some point I'll be sat on my death bed rueing the fact that I'd wasted so many hours of life watching this man.

I'd like him to go out with some dignity but like you say if he's not willing to do that then I'd also prefer that he just stays away.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Ali would slap Klitschko all over the ring.
            Agreed, Wlad's face would look like Vitali's post Lewis.

Comment

Working...
            X