Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just stop it already, a 10 count? for what?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    A 10 count? How about an 8 count? Did he even count at all? In a big fight, at least give 8 counts.

And why should ref's count? To give a fighter a chance to regroup even if he's down.

1:09 Marquez looked like he had given up, yet Cortez kept counting.

Marquez looked like he was about to quit. Groves looked like he was dead. He did wake up seconds later but he was definitely out cold for a good 4-5 secs there. Maybe the roar from the crowd woke him up lol.

But even if he did get up carl would have hurt him bad anyway because no way he would have recovered from that with just 10 seconds or whatever,

Comment

Originally posted by blank_frackis View Post
      The ref is also there to protect the fighters and wasting 10 seconds before you get medical treatment to someone who needs it is a nonsense. He was out cold with his foot pointing at his elbow. Made no difference either way.
      Did he even "waste" 6 seconds. I don't even think he counted up to 5.

I have no fighter in this fight, I didn't even give a prediction and I made this post already:

Groves looked like he was resting. It looked similar to Marquez-Pacquiao I third KD where JMM looked like he had given up, only that Cortez actually gave him a chance and kept counting. If Groves was alright to get up, it was his fault he lost for trying to buy time. The way he got up when the ref stopped it, looked like he was fine but was just tryna take the 8 count laying down and it backfired. No controversy now.
      I honestly did not care who won and I did not find it controversial, it was Groves fault for playing dead and then rising from the dead with the quickness like The Undertaker. If Groves was fine, which to me it looked he was, he should not have rested for so long. His reaction to the stopagge leads to believe he WAS shook and hurt from the KD but he was fine and ready to continue but was expecting for the ref to count up to 8, which he didn't even get a 5.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
        Some of ya dudes really need to stop it with the BS

10 count for what? Was he not getting up before the count of 10 would have been reached? Yeah, I think so. Who gives a damn what the guy's leg looked like....he was getting up and they didn't give him a chance. You know when they do that kind of thing? When the career or the "money fighter" is on the line......remember, Froch brought in 80K fans.

Comment

A 10 count? How about an 8 count? Did he even count at all? In a big fight, at least give 8 counts.

And why should ref's count? To give a fighter a chance to regroup even if he's down.

1:09 Marquez looked like he had given up, yet Cortez kept counting.

I thought it was a good stoppage but I understand your point. The ref could've given a 10 count so long as he waived the fight off because Groves was done and was only going to get seriously hurt.

Comment

Did he even "waste" 6 seconds. I don't even think he counted up to 5.

I have no fighter in this fight, I didn't even give a prediction and I made this post already:

I honestly did not care who won and I did not find it controversial, it was Groves fault for playing dead and then rising from the dead with the quickness like The Undertaker. If Groves was fine, which to me it looked he was, he should not have rested for so long. His reaction to the stopagge leads to believe he WAS shook and hurt from the KD but he was fine and ready to continue but was expecting for the ref to count up to 8, which he didn't even get a 5.

Comment

That was an American ref tonight.
              The air in the UK did it.

No, but I already said, I have no problem with tonight's stoppage. I was talking about the general, multitude of previous fights.

Comment

Comparing a dude facial expressions to a dude who's leg is folded and arms locked is pretty stupid.
                So the only thing you picked up from Marquez KD is his facial expression? Not that, that was his 3rd time on the canvas in the same round and his body language? I'd say your observation is pretty stupid, not taking into consideration everything else from that Pac-Marquez round.

Comment

When Earnie Shavers knocked Holmes down in their 2nd fight Holmes was out until he banged against the canvas and woke up.

Groves was able to "process" the referee waving the fight off, so he had his faculties.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    10 count for what? Was he not getting up before the count of 10 would have been reached? Yeah, I think so. Who gives a damn what the guy's leg looked like....he was getting up and they didn't give him a chance. You know when they do that kind of thing? When the career or the "money fighter" is on the line......remember, Froch brought in 80K fans.
                    The dude got up and went sideways, that's exactly how fighters look when they're ready to keep going.

Comment

You guys have to remember the 10 count starts as soon as the glove OR a knee touches the canvas. Groves wasn't beating the 10 count.

Comment

Working...
                      X