Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Stevens talk his way into another title match with Quillin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could happen. Duva and Stevens shouldn't expect to get paid as much as they did against Golovkin though.

Comment

Another opponent who can be used as a measuring stick....although one in which Quillin probably couldn't replicate or do better than

Comment

http://www.12rounder.com/macklin-on-...e-step-up.html

Currently, Golden Boy and their Middleweight titlist Peter Quillin are looking for a suitable date and opponent for the undefeated fighter's upcoming defense.

According to 160 pound contender Matthew Macklin, the search could end quickly. While he respects what his American counterpart has accomplished in his young career thus far, Macklin feels he's the sort of step up in opposition Quillin is due.

"...I think me and Peter is a great fight; a great fight for the fans. It's a fight I'm very confident of winning. I think it would be a difficult fight and a very tough fight. Peter is good at what he does, but I have a lot more versatility," Macklin opined.

"...I would just like everyone to know, especially Golden Boy Promotions and Peter and his team that I'm here, ready, willing and able to meet him in April wherever they want it," said Macklin. "He's beaten some good fighters, but it's time he step up and fight one of the top Middleweights out there."

Comment

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
          i love how Kathy(who is by far a very even keeled promoter) points out that gb doesnt like to work with any other promoter. Yet all you hear shafter say time after time that arum only does in house fights. Arum and TR have proven that they are willing to negotiate with other promoters....

Comment

Originally posted by mrlopez View Post
            i love how Kathy(who is by far a very even keeled promoter) points out that gb doesnt like to work with any other promoter. Yet all you hear shafter say time after time that arum only does in house fights. Arum and TR have proven that they are willing to negotiate with other promoters....
            I remember Schaeffer saying a bunch of shit that pissed people off and he was really burning some bridges.

Iono, both Danny and Stevens is big.
            Stevens probably won't come cheap though, but that's the only big money/title shot he'll get.

Whoever is the more popular fighter in Brooklyn, they should build up to and headline Barclays. Quillin hasn't done that yet, and both are NY fighters.

Comment

If Stevens fought any different against Golovkin he just would've been KOd sooner. That being said, I think he had a great shot against Quillen

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                Another opponent who can be used as a measuring stick....although one in which Quillin probably couldn't replicate or do better than
                I wasn't impressed by Quillin v N'dam but he lost me completely v Rosado. He has a puncher's chance v Golovkin imo.

Comment

Kathy Duva could receive the D.

Comment

Duva got a decent stable going for her right now.
                    She has NBC to build up her lesser fighters and now she seems to building a relationship with HBO

Comment

Yeh i think he can not only talk but actually beat Quillin. The performance he put up against Golovkin, if he can replicate that WILL he can win.

Comment

Working...
                      X