Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux, Manager Differ on Switch To Pedro Diaz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was calling for the fight for so long but probably didn't believe he was going to get it. Now his moment is coming and dude is panicking. Stick with the trainer who brought you this far.

Comment

its a stupid move but if i was rigo's manager, i'd let him to avoid getting blamed when he losses his head...

Comment

Chances are Pedro has already worked with Rigo in the armatures.

Comment

we need rubio and dj on the team this is a foolish move come on rigo get ur head in the game

Comment

actually he's trying to get rid of you too Gary Hyde!

Comment

I cant believe i am saying this, but i agree with the manager.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                I agree. This is some Mickey Mouse shit. This kind of stuff alienates your trainers. Who needs that training environment going into a huge fight? SMH
                yeah, if he ends up not switching to diaz and sticks with rubio, there could be some animosity in the camp which def won't be any good (especially when they're training for their biggest fight). i would have said he should stick with his current team since he's gotten this far with them, but since this is now in the open, who knows how rubio will react to this? maybe now there's a better reason to switch after all...

Originally posted by tredh View Post
                Since both are from the Cuban olympic team did they work together back then? If so it may be a change for the better with knowing each other already.
                can anyone answer this?

Comment

Put a pile of cash in front of this Cuban and suddenly he thinks switching trainers to save money.

He should focus on the task at hand to beat Donaire or at least look impressive so that this will not be his first and last big money fight.

It's confirmed, he is only after cash and not building his own legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                    yeah, if he ends up not switching to diaz and sticks with rubio, there could be some animosity in the camp which def won't be any good (especially when they're training for their biggest fight). i would have said he should stick with his current team since he's gotten this far with them, but since this is now in the open, who knows how rubio will react to this? maybe now there's a better reason to switch after all...
                    It's all dumb shit, bro. It's dumb to swap trainers this late; it's dumb because it's over a few bucks; and it's dumb that Rigo let the word get out. The best we can hope for is that there's no hard feelings. But people are people and it can't help, only hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by ChewLeather View Post
                      Put a pile of cash in front of this Cuban and suddenly he thinks switching trainers to save money.

He should focus on the task at hand to beat Donaire or at least look impressive so that this will not be his first and last big money fight.

It's confirmed, he is only after cash and not building his own legacy.
                      I don't doubt that in the least. But you need to understand where a guy like Rigo comes from. He had nothing in Cuba. By American standards, he was about as poor as they come. His perception of money is very different from you and I. This is a 32 year old man who's never had anything, really. This will be his first truly good payday. He's penny-pinching. It's silly, but you have to understand a little about the man's background before you can judge his actions. Legacy is the sort of thing you worry about once you feel you've adequately covered the other, necessary bases.

Comment

Working...
                      X