No announcement yet.

Best Boxer Quotes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

last two

"If you screw things up in tennis, it's 15-love. If you screw up in boxing, it's your ass."

"The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero uses his fear, projects it onto his opponent, while the coward runs. It's the same thing, fear, but it's what you do with it that matters."

Comment

“The powers that be don’t want athletes or boxers to become as smart as they are.” - Bernard Hopkins

“The NBA has a voice that’s why they have a lockout. The NFL has a voice that’s why they had a lockout. Boxing is the only sport that’s individually represented the individual people – Managers, Promoters and Boxers.” - Bernard Hopkins

“I was knocking guys out in the streets before I knew how to throw a jab and keep your chin down, …In most neighbourhoods, the guy that could fight gets respect. You got in the parties free. I never had to pay the dollar because people were scared of me. But back then I was ignorant.” - Bernard Hopkins

“Did you hear what this idiot just said!? He said it’s not about the W…It’s everything about the W with me!” –Bernard Hopkins On the HBO face off with Jean Pascal

one of my PERSONAL fav B.Hop quotes

“The only way you can get experience is from the clock. Time works with some people and against some people. Fortunately, the clock has worked in my favor.”

Comment

-Great basketball players play basketball

Lennox Lewis.

Comment

"If I was 50 years younger I'd kick your ass!"

Legendary Larry Merchant.

Comment

..now Clay swings with a right, what a beautiful swing
            And raises the bear straight out of the ring;
            Liston is rising and the ref wears a frown
            For he can't start counting 'til Liston comes down;
            Now Liston disappears from view, the crowd is getting frantic
            But our radar stations have picked him up somewhere over the Atlantic;
            Who would have thought when they came to the fight
            That they'd witness the launching of a human satellite?
            Yes the crowd did not dream when they laid down their money
            That they would see a total eclipse of the Sonny

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
              “The powers that be don’t want athletes or boxers to become as smart as they are.” - Bernard Hopkins

“The NBA has a voice that’s why they have a lockout. The NFL has a voice that’s why they had a lockout. Boxing is the only sport that’s individually represented the individual people – Managers, Promoters and Boxers.” - Bernard Hopkins

“I was knocking guys out in the streets before I knew how to throw a jab and keep your chin down, …In most neighbourhoods, the guy that could fight gets respect. You got in the parties free. I never had to pay the dollar because people were scared of me. But back then I was ignorant.” - Bernard Hopkins

“Did you hear what this idiot just said!? He said it’s not about the W…It’s everything about the W with me!” –Bernard Hopkins On the HBO face off with Jean Pascal

one of my PERSONAL fav B.Hop quotes

“The only way you can get experience is from the clock. Time works with some people and against some people. Fortunately, the clock has worked in my favor.”
              Possibly one of my favorite quotes. Great HBO face-off.

Comment

''I really am. I can't wait to get my hands on him and land this big right hand on him - on the jaw section. I want to render him unconscious and that's what I'm thinking of doing. I want to put some serious, heavy artillery his way.'' - Carl Froch

(you have to read this in Froch's voice to get the full effect of this quote haha)
                Last edited by Trigg; 01-29-2013, 06:04 AM.

Comment

"Yall get your money together. If yall want to become millionares go down to Las Vegas and bet the house on this one." Floyd Mayweather vs Arturo Gatti

Comment

"60/40, I'll kick yo' ass!" - Roy Jones to Bernard Hopkins

"Burger King! Burger King!" - James Toney

"You got any excuses tonight, Roy?" - Antonio Tarver to Roy Jones before their second fight

Comment

jim lampley,on pacquiao when he fought clottey. "bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang,there he goes again,bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang

Comment

Working...
                      X