No announcement yet.

Boxing Fans Should Start A Petition Urging Shane Mosley To Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing Fans Should Start A Petition Urging Shane Mosley To Retire

Anyone who knows me or who has followed my posts knows that I am not a fan of Shane, I think he's a lying, cheating hypocrite, but even I found it saddening to watch him get brutally pumelled and thouroughly embrassed the way he was by Saul Alvarez last night. I had him losing every single round and he looked so terrible that it just made me feel bad for watching him get beaten up like that. To say that he is a shell of his former self would be a gross understatement. Mosley is not even a shell of his former self, when your talking about in ring skills, he's almost unrecognizable compared to the guy that fought Oscar De La Hoya all those years ago. Back then he was a complete fighter and one of the very best in boxing. Now, he pretty much has nothing left. His jab is extremely weak, his punches have little to no power, he has zero head movement or defence, he's extremely slow (with his hands and feet) and mentally he just looks like his confidence is completely shot. It was embrassing to watch him last night and I simply do not understand why he is still competing. He has embarrassed his legacy but more importantly, his health has been damaged further, also.

It's clear as day that he just doesn't have it anymore and that has been clear since the Sergio Mora fight. When Shane fought Floyd, he was still a very good boxer, but I think that fight took everything he had left, out of him, mentally and physically. Certainly mentally, because since that fight his warrior spirit has never appeared again and he is much more reluctant to throw combinations. Overall I think we all agree that despite him being a proven cheater, Shane Mosley has done a lot for the sport of boxing and it would be a shame to see him not being able to speak properly (something which he is already struggling with a lot more than people realise) and/or being confined to a wheelchair or hospital during his life after boxing. I'm sure he's made a lot of money in the sport and even if he needs more, i'm sure he could find a way to get it without putting his body through anymore abuse. Floyd "Money" Mayweather has shown us that there are plenty of ways for boxers to make a lot of money outside of boxing and i'm sure Mosley could take advantage of and find success with at least one of them.

Therefore I am encouraging everyone to hit up Shane on his twitter account and urge him to hang up the gloves. He's had a great career and is one of the best boxers of this era, and I don't think any of us want to see him lose to and get embrassed by any more opponents that he probably would have beaten if he was closer to his prime. Boxing is a very unforgiving sport and Shane should be satisfied with what he's done. Like with everyone, his time has come to an end.

http://twitter.com/#!/sugarshanem
    Last edited by JK1700; 05-06-2012, 04:18 PM.

Waste of time.

The man will retire when he wants to and not a moment before.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      Waste of time.

The man will retire when he wants to and not a moment before.
      I understand that ultimately it's his decision, but there should be people looking out for his best interests and it seems like there aren't people doing that. Therefore people who do care need to stand up and help him see the big picture, before something very unpleasent occurs that none of us want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
        I understand that ultimately it's his decision, but there should be people looking out for his best interests and it seems like there aren't people doing that. Therefore people who do care need to stand up and help him see the big picture, before something very unpleasent occurs that none of us want to see.
        In a interview before this fight he responded to this.

He said stop it I'm okay, don't worry about me. -Paraphrased

So he has plenty of people tell him what he should do already.

Comment

Mosley is the last fighter who needs a petition to retire.

Roy Jones Jr and Evander Holyfield should be urged to retire. More so Roy.

Mosley has gone the distance in all of his losses. And to tell him to retire after possibly his best showing of his last 4 fights, is stupid. The was the best I have seen Shane in a while.

He clearly lost and was beat up on, but he finally tried to win. Something he didn't really do against Mayweather and Pacquiao. And looked entertaining for the first time sine 2009 vs Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post

Mosley has gone the distance in all of his losses. And to tell him to retire after possibly his best showing of his last 4 fights, is stupid. The was the best I have seen Shane in a while.

He clearly lost and was beat up on, but he finally tried to win. Something he didn't really do against Mayweather and Pacquiao. And looked entertaining for the first time sine 2009 vs Margarito.
            man you arent kidding!

i thought it was a joke when i saw that Holyfield said last night he wants to come back and fight a Klitschko brother.... i hope nobody lets that happen!

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post

He only looked his best in terms of effort put in. He looked his worst as far as reflexes, speed, power, etc. Even compared to the Pacquiao fight, Mosley seemed to be much further diminished last night. Of course, he actually fought last night.

Canelo's not known as fast, and he basically was able to land at will. Mosley couldn't avoid anything, and hard punches at this point are going to add up fast and turn him into a complete idiot. He still can speak and think fairly well regardless of slight slurring. Get out of there with this one last great effort.

Depends how stubborn he is. But I think he could decide to retire, considering how confident and sure he was about being "very dominant" against Canelo. It was sad to watch, but I'm glad he made it through and didn't get stopped. Golden Boy didn't deserve that. They used Mosley but at least they didn't get 100% of what they wanted from him.
              Last edited by samouraļ; 05-06-2012, 04:37 PM.

Comment

fucc shane what about HOLYFIELD still fighting

Comment

I wouldnt doubt that shane is considering it now. We will see.

Comment

He just neeeds to fight easier competition

Comment

Working...
                    X