Joan Guzman accepts fight with Victor Cayo for march 2nd espn 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joan Guzman accepts fight with Victor Cayo for march 2nd espn 2

http://www.hoy.com.do/deportes/2012/...-a-Victor-Cayo

10,000 attendance or more this is the biggest fight in the Dominican Republic,this fight is to be considered as a semifinal.Winner gets a title shot in the 140 light welterweight division

Is this at a 158 pound catchweight or...........

Comment

sweet.

so if this is on ESPN does that mean it's a Friday Night fights? Or will it be one of those random single fights they show from time to time on ESPN?

Comment

Not a bad fight. Cayo is decent, gave Peterson a sort of tough fight, and we'll get to see what Guzman is still like against a top contender.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          sweet.

so if this is on ESPN does that mean it's a Friday Night fights? Or will it be one of those random single fights they show from time to time on ESPN?
          Friday night fights!

Comment

Nice card I will def be watching.

Comment

That's good news. I simply cannot believe how Guzman squandered a promising career. However I've never forgiven him for the 1st Funeka fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                That's good news. I simply cannot believe how Guzman squandered a promising career. However I've never forgiven him for the 1st Funeka fight.
                How about the Campbell fight? He was gonna hold like 3 of the 4 titles at LW after he beat Campbell. I was so pissed off that night.

If he can make the weight he's still a problem for anyone at 140...he's just too talented not to be.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
                  How about the Campbell fight? He was gonna hold like 3 of the 4 titles at LW after he beat Campbell. I was so pissed off that night.

If he can make the weight he's still a problem for anyone at 140...he's just too talented not to be.
                  Yeah that too. It would indeed have been interesting to know how Pacman & Marquez would have traversed around 135 if Guzman was there.

Comment

Interesting fight; the winner moves on to an IBF title shot. Judah-Paris is an IBF eliminator too though and they're slightly higher ranked, so this might be for the #2 spot.

If Guzman can clearly defeat Cayo, he's going to be in a nice position because the IBF enforces their mandatory challengers and, after a Cayo fight, I think he could defeat Paris, Judah, or Peterson. If Cayo wins, I think his ceiling is a top 10 fighter (6-10), so he can win against Paris or Judah given the chance, but Peterson would not be a good fight for him (again).

The situation in the IBF is murky. In a few months, the title could be vacant (if Peterson fights and loses to Khan, who might not accept the title).

Comment

Working...
                    X