No announcement yet.

RJJ that beat Ruiz would've defeat Tyson and he beats the Wlad that fought Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JayDee2700 View Post
    I think Roy would work Wlads body, I think Wlads would have to KO Roy cause I think Roy would outpoint him with his speed and angles, and with Roy goin to the body that would slow down Wlad even more in the later rounds so I give Roy a great chance to beat Wlad.
    But if he gets inside he wont be able to dodge Wlads punches. He could block them, but blocking a bigger and heavier puncher will tire you out and eventually break you. Its not like you can just go inside a taller fighter and come out without a hit.

Comment

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
      But if he gets inside he wont be able to dodge Wlads punches. He could block them, but blocking a bigger and heavier puncher will tire you out and eventually break you. Its not like you can just go inside a taller fighter and come out without a hit.
      Of course you can... especially when we're talking about one of the quickest reflexive fighters in the history of the sport.

Again, I'm not saying he wouldn't get caught... but it wouldn't be easy... and it sure as hell wouldn't be often.

Comment

LMFAO!!!! Wlad cant fight for **** inside but Roy wouldn't sit inside, i think you really forgot how fast Roy really is, Roy could weave under the jab/st8 right and throw a nice hook to the body and bouce out b4 Wlad pulls back his hand lol! Wlad would be that slow to Roy, Roy has great foot work n I think he could get the angles he need to work Wlads body without having to block any punches, so I see Wald slowing down b4 Roy.

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
          I believe had RJJ stayed heavyweight and had the megafight with Tyson he would have defeated Mike.

I also believe that version of Roy defeats the Wladimir Klitschko that beat Haye.
          Tyson? Maybe at that time but no way no how does he beat any version of Wladimir. Too big for Roy. Jones just doesn't have enough power @ heavyweight to have kept him honest IMO. Wlad would have knocked him out and a prime Tyson would have put Jones in a permanant coma.

This is coming from probably the biggest Jones fan on this forum.

Comment

Jones could have had that fight with Byrd if he wanted it, not sure why he didn't persue that, but it was a huge huge mistake going back down to lhw.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
              not the Tyson of 03-04
              he had no speed to go with his power anymore
              and his power was gone after just a few rds
              Roy wouldn't have to evade him for a full 12
              Oh great comparison

Comparing a washed up old Tyson WAY past it

To a prime roy jones at Heavyweight...

Why would people even discuss this unless they were referring to prime for prime....

Comment

Originally posted by JayDee2700 View Post
                LMFAO!!!! Wlad cant fight for **** inside but Roy wouldn't sit inside, i think you really forgot how fast Roy really is, Roy could weave under the jab/st8 right and throw a nice hook to the body and bouce out b4 Wlad pulls back his hand lol! Wlad would be that slow to Roy, Roy has great foot work n I think he could get the angles he need to work Wlads body without having to block any punches, so I see Wald slowing down b4 Roy.
                If getting inside Wlad was so easy, why didnt Byrd, Haye or Chambers do it?

Wlad wouldnt let them. Im sorry but one good is enough to make Roy get on his bike, especially when it comes from one of the best heavyweight jabbers in history.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
                  Jones could have had that fight with Byrd if he wanted it, not sure why he didn't persue that, but it was a huge huge mistake going back down to lhw.
                  If its for the unification fight then yes, but he got koed not so much later by Tarver if I remember correctly, so it was not a bad thing to go down before getting messed up by a hard punching middle class heavyweight.

Comment

Lets be real people

Tyson would knock him out, without a doubt.

Comment

If getting inside Wlad was so easy, why didnt Byrd, Haye or Chambers do it?

Wlad wouldnt let them. Im sorry but one good is enough to make Roy get on his bike, especially when it comes from one of the best heavyweight jabbers in history.
                      Not to be sarcastic... but Chambers has hand speed, and it ends there... Haye does not have better footwork, he isn't faster, he isn't more accurate, he doesn't have quicker reflexes...

Saying well.. these 3 guys couldn't do it so... doesn't really add up.

Again, we're talking about one of the quickest reflexive fighters in history, if not the absolute quickest.

And, again.. I'm not making a case for Roy beating Wladimir, but saying well these 3 couldn't so... isn't really proof of why Roy couldn't.

If Wlad doesn't knock him out (entirely possible) and it's a box fest... Wlad has an incredibly tougher time just straight out boxing Roy..

Comment

Working...
                      X