Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dawson?! The guy who lost to Pascal right? The one Glenn Johnson nearly knocked out?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
    I can't put to much stake in Chad Dawson and I can't see how anyone can.

This guy makes excuses, can't stay with a trainer, fights lackidaisical.

How can you put your faith in a guy like that?

Besides Pascal already beat him.

And it's just a matter of time before this happens again:

Before what happens again? He gets hit with a punch in a boxing fight? Maybe you missed the outcome of that fight, because nearly knocking Dawson down (he didn't even go down, that's not nearly getting knocked out), is not knocking him down and it's not winning the fight is it? Just in case you're too thick to understand what matters in this case, Dawson won the fight. Even if he did go down, nearly get knocked out or whatever, it doesn't really matter because he still won.

I love that sad little mentality of "So and so nearly got knocked out. He was pwned". It's like reading rabid Pac fans about Mosley hitting Mayweather with two good shots in the whole fight "Oh my goooooodddddd, he totally pwned Mayaeather and nearly knocked him out!" when in actual fact he landed one good shot that staggered him and another that got his attention....but he didn't even go down, recovered in about twenty seconds and won the rest of the round and then every minute of the fight after that. Not really something to hold onto is it?

Much the same here. A still great fighter in Johnson lost the fight. He didn't nearly knock Dawson, he nearly hurt him enough to put him down. But nonetheless, he still couldn't even put him down let alone out. Dawson came back and won the fight though.

Comment

Working...
    X