Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bungie signs with Activision, No more Halo games.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rocco1252 View Post
    Thank God there will be no more halo games they were so ****ty to begin with. Although I will be happy when the newest Halo comes out because everyone will jump off the MW2 Band wagon and start playing that again. Didnt you know MW2 is just Halo with real military **** going on. Thats why they give you stupid achievements like Unlimited Melee ect.
    Unfortunately, there will be more halo games. It's just that Bungie won't develop them. All future Halo games and existing games servers will be handed over to the Microsoft created 343 Studios (meant to represent the Oracle from the Halo games)

Now Bungie aren't producing them I expect to see alot more milking of the franchise.

Comment

I have the 360 and I hate the Halo franchise. Bunch of overhyped average shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post
        Wow, I didn't ever expect to use any Halo pics on this site...and now, I've used two in one day.

But it's not because the immensely popular FPS franchise is coming to a PlayStation platform; in fact, it's for the exact opposite reason. Following the news this morning that Activision and Bungie had signed a 10-year publishing deal, Bungie has commented on the idea of a Halo title coming to the PS3. First, Bungie's Brian Jarrard told VideoGamer that Halo: Reach will be the studio's final game in the series. "We definitely won't be producing any new Halo projects beyond Reach," he said. As for what they are making, we have no idea, but Sony's Patrick Seybold wrote on his Twitter page that the combination of Bungie and the PS3 is a potent one:

"Congrats to Bungie. Marrying their creative minds and incredible talent to the power of PS3 will be like giving PS3 fans Halo on steroids."

Remember, Bungie is not a part of Activision, so the team should be relatively free to produce what they will. Furthermore, it's important to understand that Bungie has been free of Microsoft since 2007 so they've likely been working on something all this time, which means the project is closer than you might think. That announcement might just show up at E3...
        They are only publishing one franchise.

Comment

Working...
        X