No announcement yet.

reasons why hopkins should retire for the sake of boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reasons why hopkins should retire for the sake of boxing

1) if rjj's rabbit punches hurt hopkins that bad, then he shouldn't put his health at risk anymore by taking more rabbit punches. if hopkins had to go to the hospital because of rjj's rabbit punching, then hopkins will have to go to the grave because of haye's rabbit punching.

2) no one will be able to beat hopkins convincingly, so hopkins will continue to spoil careers and make future champions look bad for not KOing a senior citizen. look, if haye fights hopkins and can't beat him convincingly, that just makes Haye look bad and no one will want to see Haye vs the K-bros.

3) at the same time, hopkins doesn't have the power or speed or stamina to make a really good fight anymore. his fights are boring and will turn off casual fans. Not to mention that hopkins acting breaks up the action and slows down the fight.

4) if hopkins can't beat up a shot fighter like rjj, who got KOed against tarver, johnson and green, then there's no use for bhop to continue. Styles makes fights, but a shot boxer is a shot boxer.

anything else?

I like hopkins and he's a great fighter, but I really think he should hang it up for the sake of boxing.

Agrred. Even though Hopkins is one of my favourite fighters ever he needs to retire. I fear for his health and the state he'll end up fighting Haye.

Comment

Working...
    X