No announcement yet.

Just had my new gloves shipped in and whooaahh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just had my new gloves shipped in and whooaahh

So after about a year of boxing i decided to kick down and buy some gloves to train in. It's the first time I have owned a new pair of some decent boxing gloves. I got the the Everlast Protex 2 training gloves. When I started hitting the heavy bag in them today, I realized they smelled EXTREMELY strong of some kind of chemical. It was almost like a strong whiteout or sharpy smell. Is this normal??? 8 rounds and a cool down later, im sittin here feeling kinda sick with my nose a little tender and a little high off those fumes...

That'll teach you to keep your hands low

Comment

LOL! Sorry, but that's just funny.

I'd seriously email Everlast and the site you bought them from if you didn't buy direct from Everlast.com to see wtf is up.

Comment

Just break em in. Make 'em smell of sweat instead.

Comment

i got a pair of everlast golves too. There is a smell that is still present after 6 months....not sure if it is the same as yours

Comment

Yeah I'm probably going to let them try and air out for a few days and see if that helps. Its gets difficult training with the smell of sharpie's directly in both my nostrils. If that doesnt help, I probably will give them a call and see wat's up.

Comment

May be something on the gloves to preserve the leather. But it shouldn't have that big of a smell to bother you. I would contact whoever you got them from.

Comment

i had that problem too!! But i'm an idiot and just kept boxing with them...the smell goes away after about a dozen or so sessions (mine we're for about 1.5-3 hr sessions) goodluck haha

Comment

Working...
                X