• Show
Clear All

How did size affect this fight, Hopkins outboxed him

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless View Post
      How did size affect this fight, Hopkins outboxed him

this thread is about felix's greatness.

your thread is about felix's greatness.

why do you keep talking about bernard? go make a bernard thread then.

size matters. do you think size advantage means you push the guy around? if you do then your knowledge about boxing is very limited.

reach , height and even weight plays a part in boxing. just because you have size advantage doesn't mean you bully them or push them around.

size advantages help you box and counter as well. hello? longer reach?

felix started at 140. bernard started at 175.

the biggest weight class felix won a title in was 160. bernard won a belt at 175.

if that's not enough for you to prove bernard was the naturally bigger man...... you are beyond help and beyond explanation.

Comment

Did Hopkins grapple with Tito?? No he was boxing with him
        Was Hopkins puncher really hurting Tito?? No it was his jab
        Who come into the fight weighing more?? I think it was Tito
        What was Hopkins reach advantage?? It was only 2 ½ more than Tito

Are you saying Tito can’t fight people with longer reach than him?? Size?? Tito has longer limbs and the weigh didn’t affect him when he was fighting Hopkins and Hopkins didn’t out muscle him

He went 12 round with Pernell when he was past his prime and Oscar was robbed against him. Lost to Winky and RJJ

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless View Post
          Did Hopkins grapple with Tito?? No he was boxing with him
          Was Hopkins puncher really hurting Tito?? No it was his jab
          Who come into the fight weighing more?? I think it was Tito
          What was Hopkins reach advantage?? It was only 2 ½ more than Tito

Are you saying Tito can’t fight people with longer reach than him?? Size?? Tito has longer limbs and the weigh didn’t affect him when he was fighting Hopkins and Hopkins didn’t out muscle him

He went 12 round with Pernell when he was past his prime and Oscar was robbed against him. Lost to Winky and RJJ
          **** you're ignorant!

okay...... size has it's role in BOXING! not just slugging or bullying or grappling or clinching.

a jab from a middleweight has more power than a jab from a welterweight.

size advantage lets you turn an opponent easier.

size advantage helps you with your defense.

being bigger and stronger is an advantage when you want to shoulder an opponent off and definitely an advantage if you need to clinch your opponent.

a bigger guy can generally take harder punches than a smaller guy.

tito depended on his power to win fights...... do you honestly think tito's power at middleweight is as effective as it was at welterweight?

you keep talking about the tito-bernard fight...... i don't give a ****! do you know how many times i've seen that stupid fight? ONE ****ING TIME MY WHOLE LIFE. i saw it live and never saw it again. ever. why the hell would i want to talk about it 100 times with you?
          Last edited by Left Hook Tua; 08-30-2008, 04:56 PM.

Comment

this thread is about tito being a great fighter.

if you disagree make your point why he ISN'T a great fighter.

shut up about his size against bernard. he did have fights aside from bernard you know.

if you want to keep talking about how big tito and bernard is go to your stupid thread and find someone else to talk to about it. i'm done with the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by MaYaN_SuN View Post
              ...He doesn't?

lol I don't know where the **** you been, but his chin was booty, you hit it like a champ and he's down lmao. The only thing that neutrilized that weak ass chin we're those short, quick, powerfull hooks. Bull-headed fighters would get tempted and eager to put leather on that grape, and end up eatin a short hook.
              here's another idiot on tito that doesn't know what he's talking about.

tito has a weak chin? that must be why he's been knocked out so many times.

the guy probably saw on boxrec all the fights where tito got knocked down so that must mean tito has a weak chin.

Comment

these tools don't ever know what they're talking about.they watch a couple floyd fights and all of a sudden they're experts.gimmme a ****ing break.if hopkins was as fun to watch as tito he wouldn't be a bitter *******.tito was the ****.plain and ****ing simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  do you know how many times i've seen that stupid fight? ONE ****ING TIME MY WHOLE LIFE. i saw it live and never saw it again. ever. why the hell would i want to talk about it 100 times with you?
                  I like the Tito-Hopkins fight, It was entertaining,

And Tito is deffintaly a Great

Comment

Tito is a very good fighter. He had power at welterweight and I think his boxing skills are underrated by many fans.

I won't call him great only because I am mad at him for retiring a lot then taking goofy, unwinnable fights every couple of years.

Tito was a very good fighter. He's hof material.

Comment

Hey man maybe you should lay off the Bernard talk.. I think Tua is going to find you and eat your children.. Let's talk about the Winky fight instead. I had Tito winning 122-108. Discuss your thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                      X