Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did This Shock You On The Thrilla in Manilla Doc?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did This Shock You On The Thrilla in Manilla Doc?

One thing that really stood out to me in that Doc was when they showed Larry Holmes talking and he basically said that Frazier is a warrior who throws thunderous shots and tries to kill you while Ali is just a runner who doesnt want to fight but he said it in a way where he was like hyping up Frazier and calling him a man while calling Ali a *****. I was so shocked because I thought it was widely beleived that Holmes loved Ali and when they fought, he was almost in tears because he didnt want to hit him anymore due to Ali being old and being like a mentor to Holmes. What happened since? Ali has been messed up for a while so he couldnt have done much to Holmes or maybe I just took what he said the wrong way. I thought it sounded like he had a ton of respect for Frazier and none for Ali or alot of disdain for him. That really caught me off guard

Not really, I've heard Holmes say things like that before, not only about Ali.
    Last edited by Silencers; 05-19-2009, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
      Not really, I've heard Holmes say things like the before, not only about Ali.
      I agree. Plus, it's important to remember when they make a documentary they record sometimes hours of footage and commentary, only to use a little bit of it and for whatever point they are trying to make. Holmes might have been going on and on about how great Ali was and the only part they decided to use in the film is what we saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Feint View Post
        I agree. Plus, it's important to remember when they make a documentary they record sometimes hours of footage and commentary, only to use a little bit of it and for whatever point they are trying to make. Holmes might have been going on and on about how great Ali was and the only part they decided to use in the film is what we saw.
        True but I don't think that's the case here. I think on Ringside Larry Holmes or another doc or sumtin he said he was the best heavyweight ever and was better than Ali, Louis, etc.

Holmes is delusional or freakin crazy...

Comment

Trust me, Ive heard Holmes rip a ton of guys before so thats no shock to me. Ive also heard him talk about how he was the best HW ever and I dont mind that either. I dont mind him taking up for Frazier because Joe seems like he would be Larry's type of guy. Again though, its just shocking to me because Ive heard all the stories about a young Holmes sparring with Ali, looking up to Ali, and almost being in tears during there fight where he was killing Ali and didnt want to do that to one of his idols. I heard one time where they said that Holmes almost made up his mind to stop throwing punches in that fight because he hated beating up Ali like that. Now Holmes is talking about him the same way he did Tyson, Foreman, and so on. That was news to me

Comment

That doc made ali look like scum

Comment

Originally posted by markbnlv View Post
              That doc made ali look like scum
              Yeah. It was a great documentary

Comment

Working...
              X