Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people knocking floy/connor so hard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a mayweather fan but this fight is a joke. And I'm pretty sure they are going to charge 100 dollars for the ppv to cover the large guarantees of mayweather and mcgregor.

If this was going to be on cbs or some free channel I would be all for it.

But also this fight could potentially kill boxing because let's be honest floyds KO days are far behind him even fighting mcgregor I give him a 50/50 chance. If Floyd just gives him a boxing lesson for 12 rounds in front of a 75 percent casual/ mma crowd boxing will be boo'd into extinction. The general public will not except a 12 round embarrassment of mcgregor they want blood.

Comment

It's bad for boxing because it's an embarrassment for boxing.

The fight is a money fight. It doesn't change that this is clearly a mismatch. You can't complain about mismatches then WANT a mismatch.

Comment

Originally posted by The tucker View Post
        I'm a mayweather fan but this fight is a joke. And I'm pretty sure they are going to charge 100 dollars for the ppv to cover the large guarantees of mayweather and mcgregor.

If this was going to be on cbs or some free channel I would be all for it.

But also this fight could potentially kill boxing because let's be honest floyds KO days are far behind him even fighting mcgregor I give him a 50/50 chance. If Floyd just gives him a boxing lesson for 12 rounds in front of a 75 percent casual/ mma crowd boxing will be boo'd into extinction. The general public will not except a 12 round embarrassment of mcgregor they want blood.
        Yeah the just bleed crowd that will actually pay for this farce isn't going to be wowed by Floyd's defensive wizardry. Lol they will savage this joke..

Comment

Any thread not bashing Conor-Floyd should be closed asap. Don't give this fight any positives feelings please

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
            Yeah the just bleed crowd that will actually pay for this farce isn't going to be wowed by Floyd's defensive wizardry. Lol they will savage this joke..
            That is a very real possibility. Good point..

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
              It's bad for boxing because it's an embarrassment for boxing.

The fight is a money fight. It doesn't change that this is clearly a mismatch. You can't complain about mismatches then WANT a mismatch.
              Why an embarrassment though? MMA could say the same if Floyd decided to take on an MMA fighter in an octagon..I can't see how this is an embarrassment, it;s a fight

This is the 2 best fighters of our generation..

Comment

Will do more harm to boxing than it will mma as he will carry Connor when it should be an easy 2nd round stoppage .. Floyd's a sell out for this one

Comment

do u really need an answer to this?

Comment

Boxing fans are notorious snobs and jerks. Imagine the story of Goldilocks but instead of 3 things with 1 being just right there are about 100 with about the middle 3 being acceptable if you are at 52 or 48 someone is making gagging sounds and crying because it is not quite right.

Not to say that this fight is anything boxing fans should be that excited for this fight or care much, it is just one of those attraction fights. It doesn't mean anything but why does every fight have to have greater meaner and can't just be taken for what they are. This obviously being a cash grab but that can be good for the sport because that gives the sport an infusion of capital that is always needed. Plus if Tank and Jack are on the under card that is a good spot for them to gain extra exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      Boxing fans are notorious snobs and jerks. Imagine the story of Goldilocks but instead of 3 things with 1 being just right there are about 100 with about the middle 3 being acceptable if you are at 52 or 48 someone is making gagging sounds and crying because it is not quite right.

Not to say that this fight is anything boxing fans should be that excited for this fight or care much, it is just one of those attraction fights. It doesn't mean anything but why does every fight have to have greater meaner and can't just be taken for what they are. This obviously being a cash grab but that can be good for the sport because that gives the sport an infusion of capital that is always needed. Plus if Tank and Jack are on the under card that is a good spot for them to gain extra exposure.
                      Good post.

Comment

Working...
                      X