No announcement yet.

Holly Holm likely to become 1st female UFC 2 division champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by res View Post
    Uhh....I disagree with the title of this thread. Holm is going to be fighting Germaine De Randamie, an undefeated pro Thai boxer with almost 50 wins. Now unless Holm is going to suddenly turn into a grappler, I see this going the same way as the Shevchenko match.
    Shevchenko is a f#cking badass. De Randamie as a MMA fighter is 6-3 & has had 2 fights in the last 3 years because she's always getting injured.

I'll be surprised if she stays healthy between now & the fight to be in position to even beat Holm in the first place. I suspect we're more likely to see Holm vs Pennington II for the 145lb belt as a late notice fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Shevchenko is a f#cking badass. De Randamie as a MMA fighter is 6-3 & has had 2 fights in the last 3 years because she's always getting injured.

I'll be surprised if she stays healthy between now & the fight to be in position to even beat Holm in the first place. I suspect we're more likely to see Holm vs Pennington II for the 145lb belt as a late notice fight.
      There is no question that Shevchenko is a more complete MMA fighter but that isn't really the issue. The issue is beating Holm. And since Holm is only going to strike most likely this is going to be a kickboxing match.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Apparently the UFC has decided to create a 145lb womans division. Cyborg was offered a fight with Holly Holm to determine the divisions first champion, but turned it down. Holly will be fighting Germaine de Randamie (6-3), who's only UFC loss has been to the current 135lb champion Amanda Nunes, at Barclays.

I fear this is the fight that will cause Holly to hang em up from a devastating loss.

Comment

she's a great champ no doubt but after cyborg whooping no doubt can never become a 2 division champ

Comment

Working...
          X