Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: Options Lacking at 168, No Reason To Move Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AneesMoha View Post
    They made Ward an offer 4 years ago. Ward turned them down 3 times because he was going through management/personal/knee issues. Hardly fought in those 4 years. comes back (has 1 fight at 168 and two at 172) and makes ridiculous demands. kma with that bs. if Ward wanted the fight he would of taken it when HBO offered it to him thrice. Do not hold GGG to a different standard than you would other fighters. Frankly it is pathetic.
    the truth ^

Comment

• Is true. GGG is turning back fighters that would have otherwise dominated the middleweight division had it not been for him. As Martinez, Pavlik and Taylor once did. GGG the great. Haven't liked a fighter this much since Vitali the great Klitschko

Comment

• Ggg ducker

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        At the moment, there is no reason for Gennady 'GGG' Golovkin (36-0, 33KOs) to make a move to 168-pounds - according to trainer Abel Sanchez. Golovkin, holder of the IBO/WBC/WBA/IBF middleweight titles, is focused on unifying the entire division before a decision is made to move up.
        [Click Here To Read More]
        Very convenient now Ward is gone.
        When Ward was there wanted no part of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by EMACULATE View Post
          Very convenient now Ward is gone.
          When Ward was there wanted no part of him.
          When was Ward at 168 last? Like 3 years ago?

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
            How is Jack, DeGale, and Ramirez not considered good options???? It would be a second division! GGG obviously is not being guided right. Waiting on Canelo is like hoping to get back with an old girlfriend who is already married!

oh, he is being " guided right "..... don't worry about that

he is being " guided " perfectly

Comment

• do we have to have a new article every time abel or GGG says some stupid bullchit about weight classes?

Its tired and played out already. We get it, he only fights at 160. he refuses anything else. its old news

Comment

• If I'm GGG I give it until Sept 17 and that's it. Try to unify and fight Canelo then move up for the winner of Jack-Degale. Preferably Degale in the UK for $ reasons. Then maybe a Zurdo unification OR the winner of Kovalev-Ward...but that's just me, I'm not running his career but it seems logical.

Comment

• I think I forgot to mention earlier..... lil'G is clearly a hypejob, he is the most "well-managed" (protected) fighter in the game today.

Sven Ottke 2.0

Comment

• GGG would be a lot more popular if Sanchez would just shut up!! It's a shame because Golovkin seems like a pretty decent person but his trainer's mouth isn't doing him any favours.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      I think I forgot to mention earlier..... lil'G is clearly a hypejob, he is the most "well-managed" (protected) fighter in the game today.

Sven Ottke 2.0
                      Sven Ottke 2.0 is a bit of a stretch, don't you think? Ottke won a bunch of split decisions in Germany while GGG is knocking out whoever they put in front of him. I will agree with you that his level of competition has been subpar, especially with all of his hype but at least some of it has to do with him being avoided. I will admit that he hasn't tried to secure a better opponent in a heavier weight class and that has been disappointing but Sven Ottke he is not.

Comment

Working...
                      X