No announcement yet.

Who has the longest and shortest reach in history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has the longest and shortest reach in history

or any stretch armstrongs that are 5ft with and 80 inch reach or even worse any trex looking guys who are 7ft with a 70 inch reach

Manute Bol did a celeb boxing event and has a 102" reach
    Shortest reach - Gavin Rees? lol

Sonny Liston was 6ft with a whopping 84'' reach.

Comment

He may only be a Super-Bantamweight, but Carl Frampton's 62" reach is very short, even for someone that stands at just 5' 5". Baby Jake Matlala even had a 59" reach - and he was only 4' 10"!

Comment

shortest lookin reach i can recall, jun sok hwang who lost on points to donald curry back in the day. not only was he real short for 147 but his arms even looked short on his body. longest looking? i'll say paul williams who did something weird v winky wright- missed a shot with one hand then threw an uppercut under that arm n landed it. i dont even know if i described it right but it was one of those law of physics breakers like dominiquewilkins changing directions ten feet in the air. u know?

Comment

Julius long had 90 inch reach. Mike "The Giant" White had 87 inches.

For short reach you might have to look at small miniumweight fighters like Jake Matlala with 59 inches.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Manute Bol did a celeb boxing event and has a 102" reach
            Shortest reach - Gavin Rees? lol

Sonny Liston was 6ft with a whopping 84'' reach.
            oh my lord, yeh this guy must have the longest reach http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpBnZoWqt6A

Comment

Lots of guys iwth really long reaches but I'd be interested if anyone could find THE shortest reach of all time (officially). Surely it has to be a minimum weight fella.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                Lots of guys iwth really long reaches but I'd be interested if anyone could find THE shortest reach of all time (officially). Surely it has to be a minimum weight fella.

hernan marquez had a 60" reach according to boxrec. fought at 112 and 115. i'm sure there are guys with smaller reaches, but that figure always stood out.

some people will hopeflly remember him from his war with luis concepcion. also got beat up by donaire, estrada, and brian viloria.

as for the HW, julius long has the longest reach of any contemporary fighter that i can remember. 90" IIRC. pretty sure he still fights.

manut bol, as others posted, had an exhibition with refrigerator perry. he had a 102 inch reach. he was 7'7" tall, and had a 50" inseam. one of the two tallest nba players ever. probaly one of the two tallest pro athletes of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                  Julius long had 90 inch reach. Mike "The Giant" White had 87 inches.

For short reach you might have to look at small miniumweight fighters like Jake Matlala with 59 inches.
                  Julius Long is 39 years old, but he is still fighting -- he is supposed to meet a bloke in the ring, on Aug 13...

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    hernan marquez had a 60" reach according to boxrec. fought at 112 and 115. i'm sure there are guys with smaller reaches, but that figure always stood out.

some people will hopeflly remember him from his war with luis concepcion. also got beat up by donaire, estrada, and brian viloria.

as for the HW, julius long has the longest reach of any contemporary fighter that i can remember. 90" IIRC. pretty sure he still fights.

manut bol, as others posted, had an exhibition with refrigerator perry. he had a 102 inch reach. he was 7'7" tall, and had a 50" inseam. one of the two tallest nba players ever. probaly one of the two tallest pro athletes of all time.
                    little tyson, of course!

Somebody was mentioning another flyweight who had a sub 60" reach, cant remember who it was. That is absolutely tiny.

I don't think Manut Bole counts though. It was just an exhibition, we can't count those. But 7'7'' is damn tall, I can't think of another taller athlete.

Comment

Working...
                    X