Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan Explains Why He Didn't Demand a Canelo Rehydration Clause

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it's been said but all the terms would have been laid out by Canelo's team for Khan to accept. That's boxing these days. Can't wait for Canelo to have to fight GGG at 160 and take his beating like a man.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      Amir Khan has revealed his reluctance to insist on a rehydration clause for his May 7 fight with Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez owing to his desire to make the biggest possible statement.

[Click Here To Read More]
      Khan cops a lot of flak for avoiding Brook, but other than Brook, Khan seems willing to fight anyone. The guy is fearless.

Khan and Lomachenko are both warriors.

I have to support **** like that.

Believe it or not, I am a Khan fan right now.

WAR Khan !!

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
        Boxing fans are hilarious. When a guy ducks a fight and asks for catchweights and bs, they bish and moan. When a guy goes up in weight, doesn't ask for a catchweight or any of that BS, they still bish and moan lol. Thats why boxing fans dont deserve sheet. I hope this sport becomes PPV only so we lose all the ghetto fans that we have.

I didn't respect Khan before, but I am left with no choice but to respect him and give him props. He is a warrior. That is undeniable.

I don't even read your posts anymore, no idea why I did today......

..... but I agree, 100%..... oh, except for the bold, not sure what that meant.

greenK

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
          lol i cant help but think how full of shlt amir is everytime he talks

You're right, he does talk ****.

But not as much as Mayweather, or for heavens sake, Pacquiao.

The main point to me is, he took the fight.

No a-side/b-side rubbish, no excuses..... unlike certain other " killers ", who will not take any kind of risk, and who only fight opponents who are "available".

Amir has HUGE balls, and he is prepared to back up his HUGE mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx.. View Post
            So 155 is not a catchweight now?

The point he was making is, Khan did not attempt to disadvantage Canelo on the scales, despite Canelo being much larger than Khan.

Whether by catchweight or rehydration clause.

Khan is happy to fight Canelo at his weight.

You can say that Khan did not have the leverage..... but so what, he took the damn fight anyway.

Comment

Even though i'm not a Khan fan, I give him major props for accepting a huge challenge, and taking away his opponent's excuses should Canelo lose! If Khan wins, there's plenty of work between 147-154. He would become the man he always thought he was!

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                I agree. What the hell kind of Mexican champion is this guy? He picks an undersized, glass-jawed opponent for his first title defense? And what the hell has Khan done to deserve a PPV championship fight?

Khan built his name up over the course of his career by fighting the best, often putting on a thrilling performance along the way, building up his fanbase accordingly...... and he was often successful.

To do that, he took RISKS, he took difficult fights to put his name out there.

Just like he is doing now with Canelo.

Tthings that manufactured fighters like lil'G will NEVER do, EVER !!

Real > manufactured...... win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  The point he was making is, Khan did not attempt to disadvantage Canelo on the scales, despite Canelo being much larger than Khan.

Whether by catchweight or rehydration clause.

Khan is happy to fight Canelo at his weight.

You can say that Khan did not have the leverage..... but so what, he took the damn fight anyway.
                  Of course he took the fight, who would turn down a Canelo fight?

Comment

Khan built his name up over the course of his career by fighting the best, often putting on a thrilling performance along the way, building up his fanbase accordingly...... and he was often successful.

To do that, he took RISKS, he took difficult fights to put his name out there.

Just like he is doing now with Canelo.

Tthings that manufactured fighters like lil'G will NEVER do, EVER !!

Real > manufactured...... win or lose.
                    Stop kidding yourself, this isn't about taking risks, this is about Khan wanting a big payday and getting props for fighting a champion in Canelo. After he gets starched, he'll look back and wonder if it was worth it. Be honest; do you think the majority of people who tune in will do so because they think it will be a competitive fight? Or will they tune in to watch Canelo knock Amir's head off?
                    Last edited by SUBZER0ED; 02-29-2016, 04:08 PM.

Comment

I don't even read your posts anymore, no idea why I did today......

..... but I agree, 100%..... oh, except for the bold, not sure what that meant.

greenK
                      green k for spouting nonsense. He is rambling about catchweights when the fight is INDEED a catchweight title fight. smh

Comment

Working...
                      X