Collapse
No announcement yet.

should megafight be 15 rounds?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a sport, not a killing. Thrilla in Manilla might have been a thriller for some. But what skill were you seeing at the end? Just waiting for one to drop dead! Do 12 and make a call.

Comment

Yes they should. A 15 round fight is no more dangerous than a 12 round fight. In the old days they had fights as long as I believe 40 rounds or more and there were no more deaths per fight as far as I know. A fighter could get hurt or killed in any round. Boxing is a dangerous sport and boxers know this. Those extra 3 rounds could make the difference in a close fight and give us a clear winner. Injuries and deaths are usually more from hard head punches than fighters being tired. I grew up on 15 round title fights and it didn't seem like there were more deaths then although I can't be sure of that since I didn't keep records.

Comment

I want to see everyone who wants 15 rounds again, to fight prime 23 year old Mike Tyson for 15 rounds, one by one. Rules are: Cage, no ring. The fight is 15 rounds, no less, no matter what, there's no such thing as a T/KO or quitting, there's no ref stoppage, no throwing in the towel from your corner. Mike Tyson can knock you out unconscious and then pick you right back up and keep beating your brains in, because again, there's no TKO's. There's 30 second breaks between rounds. If you die, you die, Tyson will not be held accountable for your death.

Comment

Nah, it's outdated. What's more important is the ring size. The ring in Mayweather's last fight was the size of a basketball court.

Comment

Ring size refs and judges and glove size are the biggest issues i have

Put floyd vs pac in a 18x18 with 6 oz gloves for 12 rounds with open scoring...

Comment

A young man just died this weekend from punishment in the ring and you want them in there more rounds?

Fuck off.

Comment

Working...
              X