Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of these guys will be the next Fighter of the Decade (2010-2019)?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
    even though Oscar kinda blew FOTD for himself with the whole Trinidad debacle. epic fail.
    Getting robbed is not his fault

Comment

Ward. He has already achieved a hell of a lot in winning the super six and he is a class act all the way round. The only knock on him is that I'm not convinced that he has 'star' potential. He is going to have to graft for public recognition a bit like Hagler did, but this doesnt detract from what he could achieve in the next 7 years, which is likely a hell of a lot, or his standing as a fighter.

He is still young and way ahead of the other guys in the poll.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
        Roy was not a large attraction.
        Do you see Ward ever being able to headline a major ppv event?

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          Do you see Ward ever being able to headline a major ppv event?
          Roy hardly ever did that.

Comment

i believe anything can happen so i kind of dislike being involved in things like this but i voted for broner.

Comment

Donaire and Gamboa are up there tied for 1st with Ward a distant 3rd. Donaire and Gamboa have so much good competition in the surrounding weight classes (including each other) that if one of them makes it through that gauntlet, that might even be some ATG sh it right there.

Ward and someone like Broner are a bit younger though...but I think if Donaire and Gamboa can be solid in their mid thirties..this isn't much of a contest.

I think Canelo has a strong chance too, I mean he's already a star..it's going to be hard to beat that in 10 years. Hell, imagine if he beat Floyd and Martinez?
              Last edited by NearHypnos; 04-21-2012, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                Roy hardly ever did that.

Toney fight did 300
                Ruiz did 600
                Tarver 1 and 2 did over 300.

Do you ever see Ward being able to do that?

Not to be critical, im jusr asking. Ward is one of my 3 favorite boxers out roght now.

Comment

broner of course

broner a G

Comment

I'm going out on a limb and saying Ortiz. Once floydand manny retire he will clean out 147 then 154. It won't be easy but he will do it.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                      Toney fight did 300
                      Ruiz did 600
                      Tarver 1 and 2 did over 300.

Do you ever see Ward being able to do that?

Not to be critical, im jusr asking. Ward is one of my 3 favorite boxers out roght now.
                      Depends on who he fights and who becomes a big sttraction. If Chavez Jr becomes a PPV star, what if he and Ward fight down the road??? Or I know this would be a long shot, but what if Canelo rises through the weight classes at some point and ends up around Ward's weight, that could sell on PPV with Canelo.

You never know.

Comment

Working...
                      X