Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P90X Abs Routine: Thighs feeling the burn, not abs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P90X Abs Routine: Thighs feeling the burn, not abs?

I've started doing the P90X Ab routine & for some reason my thighs feel the burn instead of my abs. This happens after I've done In & Outs, Bicycles & Crunchy Frogs, I don't feel like continuing after that.

What am I doing wrong? I have the same form as the guy in the video.

Comment

Comment

If u can't help then

Comment

not sure, but when i do abb exercises i feel it in my back, not my abbs. lower back. aparently its because i have weak abbs (i think)

Comment

Originally posted by gamefrk View Post
            If u can't help then
            Try and flex your abs with every rep. Are you moving your elbows to your knees when you do bicycles? And do you fully extend your legs?

Comment

@BrananaRepublic: Thanks for the reply! Should I move my elbows to my knees while doing Bicycles? I ask this because thats not how the guy does it in the video. My hands are joined while doing Bicycles. Like I'm praying while doing them, this makes them harder. Yes I do fully extend my legs.

How do I flex my abs with each rep? Can't make a mental picture for this...do you have a video for this? Maybe on YouTube?

Comment

How do I flex my abs with each rep? Can't make a mental picture for this...do you have a video for this? Maybe on YouTube?
                imagine taking a crap with out taking a crap

and you dont want to fully extend your legs, when you do that the thighs take over in doing the work try keeping a slight bend in your legs.

Comment

@BrananaRepublic: Thanks for the reply! Should I move my elbows to my knees while doing Bicycles? I ask this because thats not how the guy does it in the video. My hands are joined while doing Bicycles. Like I'm praying while doing them, this makes them harder. Yes I do fully extend my legs.

When I do bicycles I move my elbows to my knees. And flexing is kind of like pushing out your stomach. If you do it right you will feel it in your abs.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
                    imagine taking a crap with out taking a crap
                    that is actually the best way to describe it.

Comment

Working...
                    X