Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ramirez-Imam Tripleheader Averaged Only 488K Viewers for ESPN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    I enjoyed the card myself, even watched Conlan. This shouldn't be unexpected given the weak marketing and promotion TR and ESPN gave this fight.

I would like to see the marketing/promotion be more consistent. I understand why they give more marketing to Loma or Crawford because they have a much higher profile.

The last 2 weeks were really great fights that ESPN would be better off if they used a little less of the budget for big names and more for these type fights.

Looks like ESPN is going for the "star driven" model rather than the push quality fights model. I guess that is the nature of the game today.
    Yeah if they are going for the star driven they need to put these guys faces on t.v. more outside of boxing. From what I read about Ramirez, he does a lot of politicking in California. ESPN and Top Rank shouldve had some local news networks interview him.

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
      Why the hell did it go against basketball?
      I can see pretty good reasons why boxing in Europe might be a bigger draw here. The only sport that would drown out boxing would be football (soccer), and that's generally evenings during the week and afternoons on Saturday. So Saturday night boxing matches rarely have to compete with other sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        Yeah if they are going for the star driven they need to put these guys faces on t.v. more outside of boxing. From what I read about Ramirez, he does a lot of politicking in California. ESPN and Top Rank shouldve had some local news networks interview him.
        His brand of politics is not going to help increase viewership IMO. I don't think people will welcome his position on the issues he cares about most.

I could be wrong.

I like the guy and will make sure to watch everytime he is on. Fights hard, has some good skill.

Comment

Disappointing numbers after the first three cards this year did 700K twice and 1.1M.

Comment

Terrible numbers.

But you don't go head to head with the NCAA men's basketball tournament. It's suicide.

Comment

Apparently, college wrestling did better in this slot against March Madness. 488K is terrible.

There re so many external factors when it comes to these ratings. Top Rank is pretty thin at the top. There’s Loma, of course. Crawford really doesn’t have too many opponents available to him. Sending him to an app won’t increase his exposure either. The stable consists more of guys like the two Ramirez’s, which means more ratings fluctuating. Should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
                Ouch. That is pretty bad. I was at the event though. It was fun as hell from what I remember.
                From what you remember??
                It was only a few days ago so if you really can't remember then your either old as fucc or you were drunk ass fucc with all them Irish and Mexican people there...
                God knows they both love to drink!

Comment

Holy **** you know knowody gives a **** about boxing in the US when 16 million tuned in to watch 4 different college bastketball games?

Comment

Now these are AWFUL fuking numbers WOW! Huge boxing fans myself but I'm basically ALONE, nobody I know or in my family gives a FUK about boxing which is why I'm always on this forum because it is literally nobody to talk boxing with in my everyday life

But yeah it is March Madness Season, nobody is watch anything else right now until the Tournament gets down to the Final Four

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                      From what you remember??
                      It was only a few days ago so if you really can't remember then your either old as fucc or you were drunk ass fucc with all them Irish and Mexican people there...
                      God knows they both love to drink!
                      It was St. Patrick's day, too. No surprise he doesn't remember anything lol

Comment

Working...
                      X