Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haye-Harrison, What I Witnessed was something I've never seen in my life in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haye-Harrison, What I Witnessed was something I've never seen in my life in boxing

This fight instantly made me sick to my stomach last night, something I've never seen in boxing. What I witnessed was a man incapable of fighting someone superior like Haye, it was like picking on someone who was mentally not all there in the head, an absolute disgrace on Hayemaker's Behalf. Harrison cannot compete at the top level, this was obvious from the start, why did this fight happen? It was just plain sad and a coward move by Haye in my opinion.

A world title fight with 1 jab landed by Harrison? that's all you need to know.

He knew exactly what he was doing when he signed for this fight, he was conning the British public.

What a disgrace

Rant over.

What sickened me apart from the fight was finding out that Haye
    betted on himself knocking out Harrison in the 3rd round. Seems a little suspicious

Comment

What's even more disgusting is that Haye is ducking the Klitschko brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual View Post
        He knew exactly what he was doing when he signed for this fight, he was conning the British public.

What a disgrace

Rant over.
        He couldn't have done it without the help of the media. Especially the British media, but even the US media didn't really call him on it. The Ring said it was an "intriguing" fight, pretended Harrison was a live opponent, and completely misreported the whole ducking episode (effectively lying about it). It's the most disreputable behaviour by The Ring in their long and mostly admirable history. But the British media were much worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
          He couldn't have done it without the help of the media. Especially the British media, but even the US media didn't really call him on it. The Ring said it was an "intriguing" fight, pretended Harrison was a live opponent, and completely misreported the whole ducking episode (effectively lying about it). It's the most disreputable behaviour by The Ring in their long and mostly admirable history. But the British media were much worse.
          The Ring is owned by GBP. David Haye has an American promotional contract with GBP.

Comment

What article was that. In their weekend preview they called this match up what is was and even mentioned Haye ducking Klitschko.

Comment

Fight was rigged, David Haye and Audley Harrison need to be banned from boxing. And boxers shouldn't be allowed to put money on the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
                The Ring is owned by GBP. David Haye has an American promotional contract with GBP.
                I don't buy that interference conspiracy theory for a moment. Nigel Collins is one of the most respected and independent boxing journalists in the world, and would resign if GBP put any pressure on him. And other than the Haye coverage I have seen no evidence whatsoever that they are over-promoting GBP fighters at the expense of other fighters - quite the opposite; they have given Pacquiao a lot more praise than GBP would desire - and have been far more critical of Floyd than GBP would want them to be. In any case, I imagine GBP are as fed up with Haye's antics as anyone is. They are only his promoter for the US, and in the US, the only Haye fight anyone cares about is vs. one of the Klitschkos.
                Last edited by Dave Rado; 11-14-2010, 10:29 PM.

Comment

The only thing that sold that fight was the 3D.

And if you saw it in 3D you'd have cried over the money you spent on it.

Comment

I don't buy that interference conspiracy theory for a moment. Nigel Collins is one of the most respected and independent boxing journalists in the world, and would resign if GBP put any pressure on him. And other than the Haye coverage I have seen no evidence whatsoever that they are over-promoting GBP fighters at the expense of other fighters - quite the opposite; they have given Pacquiao a lot more praise than GBP would desire - and have been far more critical of Floyd than GBP would want them to be. In any case, I imagine GBP are as fed up with Haye's antics as anyone is. They are only his promoter for the US, and in the US, the only Haye fight anyone cares about is vs. one of the Klitschkos.
                    People think Haye needs to defend his paper title, when no one cares about it. The only fight die hard boxing fans care about in the HW division is Haye-Klitschko, no one else. Haye will now believe he should get the bigger purse vs Klitschko, which is pretty funny. Harrison is not even top 100 HW in the world.

Harrison-Haye was the biggest farce in british boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X