Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dmitry Bivol: I Have The Goods To Be The Best Fighter at 175

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
    If he could have made 168, I wish he had started his career there. I would have loved to see him in the WBSS. I think he absolutely walks through all the competition there, even Groves.

He's only 27 years old, and I don't see him being able to go to cruiserweight, despite his skills.

Either way, I'm very excited with the LHW division right now.

Gzovdyk, Bivol, Alvarez, Bidou, Stevenson, Kovalev, maybe Beterbiev and maybe Anthony Yarde--- lots of potentially decent fights to be made. Curious who would come out on top, with Ward gone (also curious if Ward beats everyone).
    I'd like to see Bivol/Kov then the winner fight Gzodvyk. The Stevenson/Jack winner should fight ALvarez. when Bieterbiev gets his legal stuff straigh then he should get in the mix as well.

Very good division right now.

Comment

Originally posted by greenarcher89 View Post
      i would pick Bivol over Kovalev
      On Saturday's showings, I can see why.

I would be tempted to pick Beterbiev over Bivol atm.

Comment

Bivol does indeed look like the goods. He appears to have the fastest hands in the division, good timing, accuracy and defends himself quite well with his subtle footwork, constantly adjusting range.
        This article makes it seem like he's a boaster who was proclaiming his greatness after the win against Barrera. These comments are from the post fight interview with Max Kellerman where Kellerman basically pried it out of Bivol. He couldn't stop saying how Bivol looked like the best light hw in the world already and kept asking Bivol if he thought he was the best in a very poor, excited schoolboy style interview. Max jumps on the "fighter of the moment" bandwagon and gets off as soon as they show weakness, take a loss or aren't on the main event. I used to really enjoy the HBO commentary but it is getting worse over time. With Lampley's occasional strange bias and Kellerman's irritating line of questioning and chronic Ward butt licking, if not for Roy Jones, HBO would not have much credibility as far as real boxing knowledge goes.

Comment

When I watched the fight I was shocked at the size difference when it started. Barrera looked so much bigger than Bivol.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            I'd like to see Bivol/Kov then the winner fight Gzodvyk. The Stevenson/Jack winner should fight ALvarez. when Bieterbiev gets his legal stuff straigh then he should get in the mix as well.

Very good division right now.
            None of them are great, but a lot of them are solidly good and entertaining. It is a deep, but wide open division. I mean it is chock full of huge punchers. Hell you can even throw Edwin Rodriguez back in the mix now that he is active again.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
              Did anyone else think that Bivol actually looked small for a 175 lber?

I seriously thought he looked like he could have fit in the 168 division when he was fighting Barrera. Maybe it's just because Barrera gave off a larger look, though.
              Barrera is just jacked, Bivol carries a lot of lean muscle, his body type reminds me a lot of Kovalev's.

I'd also like to see that fight, Bivol-Kovalev. The new vs the old, Kovalev still has that power though.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                None of them are great, but a lot of them are solidly good and entertaining. It is a deep, but wide open division. I mean it is chock full of huge punchers. Hell you can even throw Edwin Rodriguez back in the mix now that he is active again.
                I agree except for Gvzodyk. Nail looks like he would do well in any era and will prove to be great. He looks like the goods to me.

Stevenson still has the massive power to end a fight quick so he could emerge as top dog. I agree with you the rest are all heavy punchers that are very good but not great.

Comment

I think Gvozdyk is the best of them all but Bivol is right there on talent. He has a nice smooth style, skill and power.

I think are much better than Beterbiev and would be too much for Kovalev at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    I agree except for Gvzodyk. Nail looks like he would do well in any era and will prove to be great. He looks like the goods to me.

Stevenson still has the massive power to end a fight quick so he could emerge as top dog. I agree with you the rest are all heavy punchers that are very good but not great.
                    I don't know man, Gvozdyk is my countryman but I've said it before, the man is chinny. He got a long count in that fight with Karpency...I think he is a knockout waiting to happen, unless he's like Wilder who can get hurt stay up on his feet and recover.

On Bivol, who I admit I haven't seen much...has he taken some solid shots yet? How did he look?

Comment

Bivol looks like a bit of beast to me. I can't see many fighters wanting anything to do with him.

Comment

Working...
                      X