Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather-McGregor fans screwed by shoddy PPV stream win class-action settlement!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather-McGregor fans screwed by shoddy PPV stream win class-action settlement!

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White spent several months bragging about the record-setting pay-per-view (PPV) buys generated for the Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor boxing match last August in Las Vegas.

Hey, to the victor belong the spoils.

But not every fan who shelled out $100 to watch “The Money Fight” bore witness to Mayweather’s “Notorious” knockout win in the tenth round, thanks to a system overload that caused widespread outages — and even wider spread anger.

The result was a class-action lawsuit.

Fortunately for disgruntled fans, the courts recently approved refunds congruent to time lost during the broadcast; meaning, the less you saw, the more you’ll get back. Here’s the breakdown, courtesy of MMA Junkie:

Viewers who missed over 5 minutes: Full refund of the $99.99 PPV price!

Viewers who missed some, but less than 5 minutes: $50 refund!

Viewers who missed only preliminary bouts: $25 refund!

Viewers who bought food/drinks for interrupted viewing parties can choose between a $5 refund or three months of complimentary access to UFC Fight Pass.

The settlement is expected to be finalized on June 20.

There has been some discussion about a Mayweather vs. McGregor rematch under the UFC banner, which includes some hype videos of “Money” prancing around the Octagon, but nothing is official at this time.

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/4/10/1...ion-settlement

Was there any numbers mentioned of people who qualify or can anyone just say they lost 5mins and get a full refund which is I imagine is standard for a class action.

Comment

Watch Larry try to get some of this even though he didn't order the PPV lol

Comment

Originally posted by G G G View Post
        Watch Larry try to get some of this even though he didn't order the PPV lol
        Don‘t make fun of Larry only because he‘s poor as ****!

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Was there any numbers mentioned of people who qualify or can anyone just say they lost 5mins and get a full refund which is I imagine is standard for a class action.
          Didnt say. And yeah there has to be a set # because that leaves the doors open for fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
            Didnt say. And yeah there has to be a set # because that leaves the doors open for fraud.
            I'm not gonna say I defrauded nobody on class action lawsuits in less money friendly times...but I will say a lot of class action forms to get your money back have minimal info to collect to go through to getting your money bac. Plus so few people are aware of these usually I wouldn'nt be super surprised with 60%-80% never even made aware of the class action or how to go about getting their cut.

Comment

What about them dummies who purchased it thinking it was a legit fight only to find out it was a stage fight far worst than a karate movie

Comment

Working...
              X