No announcement yet.

To This Day I Still Can't Believe What Floyd Mayweather Accomplished

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
    Beating a healthy prime lineal champ in sexy Sergio would have made him #1 atg
    I don't think he would have gotten a prime sergio tho...he woulda most likely gotten the leftover scraps like cotto did. Floyd was probably kicking himself after watching cotto cruise to an easy victory.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      No no I totally understand what he's done. What I don't understand is how fans kept buying into it.

He created a persona, yes. But he didn't knock anyone out, he wasn't a particularly articulate guy or someone people naturally gravitated towards i.e. say a Muhammad Ali or Conor McGregor. And finally, he wasn't a handsome guy like Oscar either.

And he wasn't a heavyweight.

I haven't seen anyone else in the history of boxing who became such a star without any of the attributes mentioned.
      Yeah I get that man and I agree with the majority of it.
      I just don’t agree with you saying he didn’t have an exciting personality. I personally find the whole braggadocious personality quite tedious at times myself but there’s no doubt many people find it interesting for both positive and negative reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        Yeah I get that man and I agree with the majority of it.
        I just don’t agree with you saying he didn’t have an exciting personality. I personally find the whole braggadocious personality quite tedious at times myself but there’s no doubt many people find it interesting for both positive and negative reasons.
        I guess that's subjective. I just don't think it was something people particularly felt like was exciting.

I'm talking post Mosley - where he made most of his money. Just very repetitive and also he was fighting a lot of guys who barely spoke english like Cotto, Maidana, Canelo etc. Hard to talk trash to these guys I suppose.

Comment

Working...
        X