Does boxing die when Manny retires?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjbjst View Post
    Tyson not an atg
    That’s up for debate. But he was one of the most popular boxers of all time and the sport survived his retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by RomanReigns View Post
      And boxing will always produce superstars or future legends like Canelo if he beats Kovalev.
      Canelo the drug cheat you mean?

Stick to Wrestling, kid.

Comment

Pac fans will be dead to boxing but boxing will go on. It was here before Pac, it will be here when he leaves.

Dumb thread

Comment

I have high hopes for Lomachenko.
          The problem with boxing now is, we don't have olympic heroes anymore.
          Remember the '84 and '88 summer games produced a lot of buzz for boxing.
          Then you have all these champions now who don't want to face each other .
          There are so many excuses.
          Then again, in the 80's there were really just Don King and Bob Arum running the show.
          And there were some big regional promoters like Aileen Keaton, Don Chargin, Dino Duva and some .

The great thing now is boxing in England is so huge.

But, UFC is taking a lot of fight sports fans out of boxing . The kids today just don't have much interest in boxing. They are more into UFC. I see this with my nephews .

Comment

Originally posted by spenz View Post
            Which is why Manny won't leave the game without passing the torch to the worthy one. That unstoppable itch---the calling to continue fighting until the torch is passed is both a curse and a blessing of the boxing gods.

And so the search for the worthy one continues ..
            I really doubt that the man who beats Pac will be nearly as popular as Pac .
            Like Holmes beating Ali. It did little for his mass appeal.
            You gotta have some charisma or people magnetism to draw a great following.
            And that can't be explained really.

Comment

When Pac retires, no one is going to be challenging him like they do May

Comment

Working...
              X