No announcement yet.

The case for floyd higher on ATG list than Duran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
    You sound like a straight hater so to you I may seem like a fanboy. Buchanan was outboxing Duran. Duran even called Buchanan one of the toughest opponents of his career. You say Duran lost a non title fight to De Jesus at 140 but somehow he lost his lightweight championship after that loss. He only regained the title after his next fight.

Floyd beat Castillo and Maidana. You can try and rewrite history all you want but he BEAT them. If you want to call the Castillo victory a gift I can turn around and call the Buchanan victory a gift since Duran won that fight using a lowblow.

And if we're going to measure greatness, we have to compare wins AND losses. Duran was great but not greater than Floyd.

You shouldnt talk about fights you haven't actually watched.

Even by round 5, legendary commentator Don Dumphy says "My score card is unofficial, but I have the champion very far behind"

the champion was Buchanann.

https://www.thefightcity.com/june-26...n-vs-buchanan/

Here is an article about the fight, it wasn't close. You are revealing your ignorance.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
      Floyd skillwise is one of the best, he is up there with James Toney.

But there is having skills, and then there is having skills, and applying them against the best fighter at the peak of their skills over and over and over.

James Toney took on prime RJJ, Michael Nunn, Vasilly Jirov, etc.

Duran, past his prime, took on prime undefeated SRL, Marvin Hagler, Benitez, Hearns etc.

When people say different eras cant compare.

The only think you cant really compare is that today, most fighters, floyd included, only take fights that they know they can win.

Back then, you had to fight the best to make money. Now its a strange economy where you can rake in big paydays fighting guys that realistically have zero chance of even making you go into 2nd gear.

Duran fought SRL when SRL was 24 in his prime, at the absolute high of his abilities.

We saw SRL vs Hearns before each was 26.

Now superfights are only when one guy or both guys are 35.

If Lomachenko moved up and fought Spence, thats basically what Duran did. Except SRL was much better than spence, no offense to spence who is a beast.

And then if he moved up even further, to 160lb, and fought GGG.

Because thats what duran did. He moved up to 160 and fought MARVIN HAGLER.
      I agree with most of what you said here.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
        DUCKY, you like to DEFLECT. We all know that.

The point was that Floyd avoided that "risky" fight for 5+ years! Only after he said that it was no longer the same Manny did Floyd take on the fight. What changed besides that for all those years? NOTHING!!!

Even the urine sample talk was over soon after because Manny brought it down to 14 then 7 then no cutoff dates.

When Floyd was crying about PEDs in that monologue Manny had agreed already for a long time with PEDs testing .

BUT like I said, you just DEFLECT when you know that you are WRONG!

or

you DUCK!

1. Don't ever call someone a duck when you ducked your own challenge. Here is the proof.

Originally posted by travestyny
        I'M GIVING YOU ONE MORE CHANCE PVSSY. I'VE SAID TWICE NOW THAT I ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE. IF YOU DON'T ACCEPT THE NEXT TIME, I WILL CLOWN YOU HARD AS FVVCK FOR THE REST OF YOUR TIME HERE.

ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE ADP. LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!
        Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
        the win is not really that important.

2. Didn't Manny Pacquiao duck the fight in 2010 when Floyd signed for 50/50. I'll wait

QUACK, QUACK, QUACK!!!!!

R.I.P.

Comment

• Duran knocked down Barkley at 160. Think of that for minute.
          Duran went toe to toe with Leonard for 15 rounds. Think about that for a minute.
          Duran made latinos pissed on their pants at 135. Made Gonzalez throw up in the locker before fighting him.
          Duran debuted at 118. Won a middle title.

How many times did Floyd go on the road?
          How many times was he an underdog ?

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post

2. Didn't Manny Pacquiao duck the fight in 2010 when Floyd signed for 50/50. I'll wait
            DUCKY,

STOP going off into a tangent DEFLECTO!!!

2009 was the first time that Floyd brings up PEDs testing that is different than the commissions drug testing.

Floyd and company say that Manny is a PEDs cheat.

Manny agreed to 14, 7 and then no cutoffs BEFORE the monologue by Floyd.

Floyd vs Manny doesn't happen until AFTER Floyd states that it is no longer the same Manny.

Now go back to my original point. Floyd avoids risky fights.

Comment

DUCKY,

2009 was the first time that Floyd brings up PEDs testing that is different than the commissions drug testing.

Floyd vs Manny doesn't happen until AFTER Floyd states that it is no longer the same Manny.

UH UH UHHHHHHH. EVEN YOU WENT ON RECORD SAYING THAT THE 14 DAY OFFER WAS FAIR.

AFTER THAT WAS PULLED OFF THE TABLE, PACQUAIO DIDN'T REDUCE THE AMOUNT OF DAYS UNTIL AFTER MAYWEATHER SAID THERE WILL BE NO CUT-OFF PERIOD.

Looks like you lose again

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                1. Don't ever call someone a duck when you ducked your own challenge. Here is the proof.

DUCKY, now I need to accept my challenge?

We have been waiting for 180+ pages for you to accept the challenge.

Once you agree, the next step is to get the judges …. well, that is usually the case. For you, we need to be sure on what you agreed on. Then get the judges. Not for me to agree to what I wrote!!!!

DUCKY is still QUACKING!!!!!!

Comment

DUCKY,

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                  UH UH UHHHHHHH. EVEN YOU WENT ON RECORD SAYING THAT THE 14 DAY OFFER WAS FAIR.

AFTER THAT WAS PULLED OFF THE TABLE, PACQUAIO DIDN'T REDUCE THE AMOUNT OF DAYS UNTIL AFTER MAYWEATHER SAID THERE WILL BE NO CUT-OFF PERIOD.

Looks like you lose again
                  This was all explained to you DUCKY!!!!

The point is that this fight didn't happen until AFTER your hero Floyd said that it was no longer the same Manny in there.

No longer the "risk".

Business as usual for Floyd.

Duran moved up and fought SRL, Hagler, Hearns, Barkley,.... all very risky. and relatively speaking much higher on the resume scale than who Floyd fought!

Comment

DUCKY, now I need to accept my challenge?
                    YES, YOU CERTAINLY DO NEED TO ACCEPT YOUR OWN CHALLENGE BECAUSE YOU HAVE A HABIT OF BACKING OUT, DON'T YOU ADP?

Do you need proof of that? I'll be happy to provide it.

Please ask for proof of you ducking your own challenges!

You know what...nevermind. Here is proof for ya!

Explain what happened here, Ducky!

Can we now have a recount?

Actually there needs to be some changes ..... like ..... No Mayweather Mafia judges

Come on, ADP. Should I send a message to the mod to get approval of the permaban bet? Put your account where your mouth is! I’m waitinggggg!!!!
                    If you're so sure, then why don't you accept the new challenge, ADP02? I've been waiting for about a week.

Come back, ADP. I know you're going to duck getting decapitated a second time, zombie boy
                    there is no point asking.

Last edited by travestyny; 10-06-2018, 03:49 PM.

Comment

This was all explained to you DUCKY!!!!

The point is that this fight didn't happen until AFTER your hero Floyd said that it was no longer the same Manny in there.

No longer the "risk".

Business as usual for Floyd.

Duran moved up and fought SRL, Hagler, Hearns, Barkley,.... all very risky. and relatively speaking much higher on the resume scale than who Floyd fought!

FALSE.

The fight didn't happen because your boy was afraid of taking the test.

Tell me, when did he finally agree to even 14 days. Show me where. I'll wait.

Comment

Working...
                      X