Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing is funny, Crawford couldnt even qualify for the Olympic team

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its different pace and power, different way of working your weight, different way of scoring and all short fights.

Pros way different power game.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
      Spence fizzled in the Olympics too, look at him now.

Olympic pedigree doesn't always define a fighter. I mean look at Audley Harrison, lol.
      Tyrell Biggs another

Comment

And he did it left handed too.

But yea boxings a trip.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
          a devastating KO.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
            Boxing is funny, he wasnt good enough to even make the Olympic teams but has dominated 3 gold medalists
            Who are these 3 gold medalist?

Not trying to argue with you, just want something to throw at my buddies if we ever have this talk.

Comment

Who’s the 3rd Gold Medalist ??

Can’t really compare ams to the pro game

Look at Diaz who has he beaten in his professional career ? His best win isnt even a win but a controversial loss to Lamont. And he just lost to Fransico Santana

Gambia was inactive and undersized when he fought Bud

From what I understand about the US program that picks the Olympians , many times they don’t pick the best fighter in the division but the one who is favoured by the committee. That’s why the States have so many elite boxers that never made the US team and a fair share of US Olympic boxers don’t amount to anything as pros.

This still doesn’t change the fact that Crawford hasn’t been in up against another fighter near his skill set ( Gamboa ) in over 4 years and since then every opponent is at least a level or two or three below Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                Are you confusing Crawford with Pacquiao and Golovkin???

What the F????
                Fangirls like you suck fighters nuts all day, carry on boy

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                  Look at Loma. Won two gold medals then lost to an average fighter in Salido.
                  An average fighter that came in over weight and had to cheat to get that win.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
                    Spence fizzled in the Olympics too, look at him now.

Olympic pedigree doesn't always define a fighter. I mean look at Audley Harrison, lol.
                    He lost his bout in the, I believe second or third round of the competition, thought he was done with the Olympics, but in fact they came back and told him that he actually won the bout and had to go back and fight in the next round. Hard to recover from that.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      I think it relates to the reason I'm not particularly interested in watching amateur boxing. It's really all points. In pro boxing, power, stamina, and strategy come into play and it's a much deeper game than a few rds of points fighting. Look what happened to Loma when he fought Salido, a amateur wizard who got a rude awakening to the differences in a pro fight. Loma has since tuned his approach and become a brilliant PRO fighter.

I forget the name of the guy who kept Mike Tyson out of the Olympics but, as a pro, Mike absolutely wrecked him.
                      I agree. It's one of the only sports I can think of where the amateur version doesn't resemble the pro version.

Comment

Working...
                      X