No announcement yet.

Floyd "Money" Mayweather may not be exciting but he is the best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
    I'm glad you made this thread, it's a unique take on a subject that's rarely discussed in here.

Well done you.
    I see your sarcasm and yes it may have been argued many times but I don't think people have had a grown up discussion about it. It's starting out very good so far minus your cu*t option request.

Comment

Originally posted by thiefery View Post
      He's gonna get a lot more hate as time goes bye. Interested in seeing how well he does in September by attendance,buzz and ppv sales. Most casuals I talk to think of him as a loud mouth runner.
      Floyd wont be talked about all that much after retirement. In case he gets into trouble in real life like his domestic violence incidents again etc then there will be definitely a lot of threads about him over here. People here know exactly how Floyd fights & what his style is & despite that buy his PPV's hoping to see him lose & then later complain about his fights being very boring, IMO when he's retired those people wont have anything to complain about when they haven't invested in his fights.

Comment

Where's the "he's a ****" option?
        Thats what I was looking for

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          He is exciting to me why??

1-His defense is a thing of beauty

2-the way he sets his opponents up

3-His counters are spot on,fluid and accurate

4-The way he remains calm and focused in any situation

Floyd is an artist in the ring and does not allow anyone to make him do stupid **** that takes him out of character..
          Your four points are very good and that is also why I think he is the best. I am not a fan of the Floyd of late but as an old boxing fan I have a lot of respect for his skills. The way Floyd dispatched of one of my favorites Diego Corales was super impressive IMO. I put both the Castillo and Maidana fights in the same category in both cases he was lazy in the first match ups and then did his thing in the rematch's.

Comment

I'm glad you made this thread, it's a unique take on a subject that's rarely discussed in here.

Well done you.
            You red k'd me so much that you put me in the red zone just for making this thread and in the process of reporting me you call me a cu*t. Real classy and grown of you.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
              If Ward moves up to 175 and beats Kovalev, Stevenson, Beterbiev etc and retires undefeated i'd rate him equal to Mayweather. IMO we need to see Andre Ward finish his career before saying Mayweather is the best of this generation.
              By the time Floyd was Ward's age he had already moved up five weight classes, winning titles in every division, had defeated over ten world champions, and was universally recognized as the best fighter in the world. Floyd has also never been dropped by a fringe contender the way Ward has been. Andre Ward may have one hall of famer on his resume while Floyd has several.

I think its an open and shut case at this point who the best fighter of this generation is.

Comment

My purpose as a non fan of Floyd Mayweather was to post a thread that would generate an honest and grown up discussion by informed boxing fans. If the mods feel I am doing something wrong and if I violated a rule please delete this thread and ban me if it is warranted. Thanks

Comment

Well done you.
                  no question.

Floyd's a bum. Deal with it.

If Margarito would have signed to TNT promotions though....who knows?
                  Last edited by SeekDaGreat; 06-27-2015, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasiabruja View Post
                    My purpose as a non fan of Floyd Mayweather was to post a thread that would generate an honest and grown up discussion by informed boxing fans. If the mods feel I am doing something wrong and if I violated a rule please delete this thread and ban me if it is warranted. Thanks
                    You didn't violate any rules to warrant a ban. Chill.

Comment

Great Fighter, I like the way he manages his opponents also his great defense.

But to say he fought the best, sorry but to fight the best you need to do it in their prime, and May fought a bunch of guys out of their prime.

In my opinion to rate him as "TBE" or a top10 ATG, he should need to go divisions up, a long time ago, and not fight the Ortiz-Gerrero-Maidana level opponents.

He should had challenged himself with bigger or stronger guys and not just stay confortable in WW(not a bad thing though).

I insist great fighter, but that's it.

Comment

Working...
                      X