No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frankie Gavin Expects Welborn To Pursue Big KO Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frankie Gavin Expects Welborn To Pursue Big KO Win

Frankie Gavin knows Jason Welborn will be doing all he can to rip the British welterweight title from his grasp when the pair go toe-to-toe on January 18.

Gavin claimed the Lonsdale belt with a points victory over veteran Junior Witter in November, a result that means he is now 14-0 as a professional.

"Jason Welborn will do everything he can to get close to me and knock me out but I've got different feelings about that."

The Birmingham fighter, who is now ranked in the top 10 in Europe, won't have to go far for his first defence either - he's facing Welborn at the Town Hall in Walsall.

"Nobody wanted to fight Witter, nobody was calling him out except me," said the 27-year-old. "I got myself into the mandatory position and did what I had to do to get the best of him. [Click Here To Read More]

An easy night for Gavin, Welborn will pose no problems and is going to allow Gavin to look good. Disappointed in this match-up, from Witter to Welborn... he needs to be looking at European level welterweights then gatekeepers for world level.

Comment

Working...
    X