Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rising stars with great expectations that got exposed before they could take off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rising stars with great expectations that got exposed before they could take off

List some examples of young fighters with great promise that got exposed before they could meet expectation.

Fernando Vargas. But he was talented though, I just thought he got throw in to the pit of the lions too early.

Devon Alexander is a true bum that comes to mind though.

Comment

Victor Ortiz.
      Linares.
      James Kirkland.

Comment

jeff lacy was supposed to be the next tyson they say

Comment

Also you can add Cintron that list. Had he not got beaten down by Margarito twice he could have built some confidence and had a better career.

Comment

Originally posted by Something Jr View Post
            Victor Ortiz.
            Linares.
            James Kirkland.
            Whoa whoa whoooa hey hey .... what do you mean Linares??

He is one of the most skilled boxers in the sport today, period. He has only lost 2 and because of stupid mistakes, fights he was winning as well.

He will be a champ soon and see him dominating the division for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
              Whoa whoa whoooa hey hey .... what do you mean Linares??

He is one of the most skilled boxers in the sport today, period. He has only lost 2 and because of stupid mistakes, fights he was winning as well.

He will be a champ soon and see him dominating the division for a long time.

^^^ I agree with this.

Linares loss his first fight with a shot to the TEMPLE. You can't do **** about that.

His second fight was a horrible stoppage. His bleeding made it worse than what it was. If the fight isn't stopped. He wins a wide UD. Unquestionably. He'd pot-shot the 12th round, that's why.

Linares has a huge ceiling. Great technique and a body the size of ODLH. He still hasn't even reached his peak yet.

Comment

Angulo got exposed as a illegal

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  ^^^ I agree with this.

Linares loss his first fight with a shot to the TEMPLE. You can't do **** about that.

His second fight was a horrible stoppage. His bleeding made it worse than what it was. If the fight isn't stopped. He wins a wide UD. Unquestionably. He'd pot-shot the 12th round, that's why.

Linares has a huge ceiling. Great technique and a body the size of ODLH. He still hasn't even reached his peak yet.
                  You may be right but we have yet to see.

I have my doubts but I hope we see him come back stronger. He looked great in the De Marco fight but it's going to take some strong character to come back from brutal loss.

Comment

cotto was about to be huge before his margarito loss

Comment

Working...
                    X