No announcement yet.

FAo audiophiles: Lookin for opinions on installing car stereo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAo audiophiles: Lookin for opinions on installing car stereo

So I am a huge car stereo guy, always have been and I've to come 3 different layouts I like, was wondering what you guys think or if you have any other unique suggestions..

Here is my back seat... That is a fold down armrest and it used to be solid carpeted wood behind it... I had it cut out and professionally sewn so that you can see through to the back seat... What I was going to do, was have 1 15" Sub... and the port for the box was going to fire through the opening of the seat into the cabin.

So this is what Ive thought of so far.. (I hope you love my paint skills)

click expansion bar to make bigger

What do you guys think?
    A
    0.00%
    B
    33.33%
    C
    66.67%
    Other (explain)
    0.00%

Port coming through the space. Don't you put that god damn magnet there, damnit.

Comment

I thought about something like that, but not with a 15 man. I think a 10 would suffice for that.

Comment

10 is too small for me.. 12" minimum

Comment

Interesting options.

The last great stereo I had, included a box in the trunk with two 12 in Rockford Fosgate punch woofers facing each other in a box with a wire going from the pos of one to the neg of the other and vice versa. Had a capacitor the size of a nerf hooked up to it and an old 600W pyramid gold series amp. It was in a small car, a 2dr Mitsu Mirage, but I'd get a killer back massage even in the front seats.

Maybe you could do something similar with the magnet of one sticking out between the seats, with the box in the trunk.

Comment

Originally posted by £Hank$Moody€ View Post
            Interesting options.

The last great stereo I had, included a box in the trunk with two 12 in Rockford Fosgate punch woofers facing each other in a box with a wire going from the pos of one to the neg of the other and vice versa. Had a capacitor the size of a nerf hooked up to it and an old 600W pyramid gold series amp. It was in a small car, a 2dr Mitsu Mirage, but I'd get a killer back massage even in the front seats.

Maybe you could do something similar with the magnet of one sticking out between the seats, with the box in the trunk.
            Facing eachother in a V?

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
              Facing eachother in a V?
              Naw, that's what you've got in B. I mean sandwiched together.

Picture a box with one hole in the middle, facing forward. You put one speaker in that hole and you put the other on top of it, upside down, with the magnet sticking out of the hole between the seats. You have to make sure you wire it like I said, or it doesn't work the same way and you could destroy the speakers.

Wish I could explain it better, but I haven't had my coffee yet.

Comment

Originally posted by £Hank$Moody€ View Post
                Naw, that's what you've got in B. I mean sandwiched together.

Picture a box with one hole in the middle, facing forward. You put one speaker in that hole and you put the other on top of it, upside down, with the magnet sticking out of the hole between the seats. You have to make sure you wire it like I said, or it doesn't work the same way and you could destroy the speakers.

Wish I could explain it better, but I haven't had my coffee yet.
                So they are almost screwed together?

LIke in (A) ONly a woofer IN the box?

Ive only had one cup so far, im not gettin it lol

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                  So they are almost screwed together?

LIke in (A) ONly a woofer IN the box?

Ive only had one cup so far, im not gettin it lol
                  Not almost screwed together, screwed together into the box.

Just like in A, only with another speaker on top of it, magnet facing outward.

Now you can't do this with a woofer that sticks out past the frame, or you'd mash then when you screwed them into the box.
                  Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 03-19-2010, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Is this a D.I.Y project, reed? Hope so. There are some audio spot's that will get your info, and steal your whole ****.

Comment

Working...
                    X