No announcement yet.

Cotto vs Martinez at 154. Who win??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martinez makes Cotto take two cowardly knees
    Last edited by Liar; 12-18-2009, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockfighter69 View Post
      This is a boxing forum, right? Last time I checked I am stating my opinion just like everyone else so what's the problem? Are you asking everyone else the same question?
      Your opinion was Margarito and Pac both beat him so Martinez will beat him. That not even an opinion its idiotic logic. You add nothing to the conversation that everybody else doesn't already know so you shouldnt talk.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
        Your opinion was Margarito and Pac both beat him so Martinez will beat him. That not even an opinion its idiotic logic. You add nothing to the conversation that everybody else doesn't already know so you shouldnt talk.

Nope, my opinion is that Martinez is a much better skilled figher who is also bigger. Cotto has shown that he is mentally weak when a guy is still standing in front of him and is able to absorb his shots. Martinez would beat him, not because Pac and Marg did, but because he is levels above Cotto.

Besides, what do you add to the convo besides acting like some sort of Boxingscene hall monitor. Just leave me alone please.

Comment

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
          We of course have to see how Cotto looks at 154lbs first but if we assume he is going to be the same at 154 as he is at 147 then my vote is based on styles. Martinez style will allow Cotto to come forward anf attack the body. Martinez fights with his hands down and uses more upper body movement then his legs to avoid punches. Keeping you self in one spot against a body attack is not good to avid gettign hit to the body. the fact Martinez will allow Cotto to be first and come forward make for an exciting fight but I think Cotto will take a close decision....Lefty
          Very good post. I agree. We don't know how much Cotto has left or how he will handle the weight. If Cotto works well with the weight and isn't finished, which I don't think he is at all, then I say he's wins the fight. I just disagree on how. I think it'd be more convincingly than a close decision.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
            Very good post. I agree. We don't know how much Cotto has left or how he will handle the weight. If Cotto works well with the weight and isn't finished, which I don't think he is at all, then I say he's wins the fight. I just disagree on how. I think it'd be more convincingly than a close decision.
            Hate to burst your bubble, but there is no way that Cotto ISN'T done. Honestly, what have you seen in his recent performances that would signal otherwise? His punches don't even look straight like they used to. His output has dropped off and his punches are loopy and slow. He doesn't attack the body anymore and doesn't have that killer instict in which he used to use to pressure/break down his opponents. Am I wrong on this?? Please ellaborate.

Comment

cotto gets rocked....

Comment

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
                We of course have to see how Cotto looks at 154lbs first but if we assume he is going to be the same at 154 as he is at 147 then my vote is based on styles. Martinez style will allow Cotto to come forward anf attack the body. Martinez fights with his hands down and uses more upper body movement then his legs to avoid punches. Keeping you self in one spot against a body attack is not good to avid gettign hit to the body. the fact Martinez will allow Cotto to be first and come forward make for an exciting fight but I think Cotto will take a close decision....Lefty
                Good Post!!!!!!!!! I agree totally

Comment

Originally posted by Cockfighter69 View Post
                  Hate to burst your bubble, but there is no way that Cotto ISN'T done. Honestly, what have you seen in his recent performances that would signal otherwise? His punches don't even look straight like they used to. His output has dropped off and his punches are loopy and slow. He doesn't attack the body anymore and doesn't have that killer instict in which he used to use to pressure/break down his opponents. Am I wrong on this?? Please ellaborate.
                  The first 6rds against the best fighter in the world?

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
                    The first 6rds against the best fighter in the world?

First 6 rounds?? I guess that's why they fight 12 rounds and not 6. He looked ok during the first 6 rounds of the Marg fight, but the fact of the matter is he lost BADLY and was destroyed in the process. Same thing against Pac.

Yes, he had his moments here and there would he would throw one or two jabs and Pac's big nogging would rock back but that was it. He may have won the 1st round, but was knocked down TWICE during those first 6 rounds. And anytime he would mix it up with Pac, Pac beat him to the punch with much harder shots. So once again, please explain to me what have you seen lately that symbolizes Cotto still has a lot left in the tank?

Comment

Cotto is one of my VERY favorite fighters. No question. The guy is a class act and an inspiration. But I think he's too small to move up and be competitive w/the upper tier of fighters @ 154.

Maybe he could go and take Yuri's belt, but these guys are bigger and just as fast. So, much as I hate to say it, I gotta' go w/Martinez in this one...

Imo, MC should stay at welter and fight the loser of Sugar Shane vs Berto . For that matter, Cotto could fight the winner of that bout if the winner of that bout can't get the winner of Pac vs Mayweather for some reason...

Maybe a Collazo or a Lujan or some of the young welters that will be comin' up in the next few years.

There's still plenty of work for Cotto @ WW , why move up?

Comment

Working...
                      X