Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to counter my opponents punches if im a southpaw and he is an orthodox?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to counter my opponents punches if im a southpaw and he is an orthodox?

Hi guys im a southpaw and say my opponent is an orthodox one
    What punch must I use to counter his punches? for example

Jab-
    Straight-
    Left hook-
    Right hook-
    Left uppercut-
    Right uppercut-
    Jab to body-
    Straight to body-
    Left hook to body-
    Right hook to body-
    Left uppercut to body-
    Right uppercut to body-

and many more. thanks

Jab- lead hand parry followed by a jab over the top or a cross down the pipe

Straight- slip outside & uppercut, parry with your rear & fire a cross back, or beat him to the punch with your own cross

Left hook- telephone block & throw your own hook immediately, bob & weave under it then throw hooks to the body and head

Right hook- throw a cross, straight punches should always beat curved ones

Left uppercut- nail him with a cross if he's open for it or slip to the outside and hook

Right uppercut- cross

Jab to body- jab over the top, parry if you can

Straight to body- parry with your lead, fire back with a cross, make sure your protect against hook

Left hook to body- he can only throw this if he's slipped your lead, don't let him get the angle in the first place otherwise his head's open to your lead hook

Right hook to body- he can only throw this if he's gotten the angle outside your rear so don't let him get the angle, otherwise a cross to the grille.

Left uppercut to body- see left hook to body

Right uppercut to body- see right hook to body

Comment

thanks man youre cool

Comment

Originally posted by Pork Chop View Post

Straight- slip outside & uppercut, parry with your rear & fire a cross back, or beat him to the punch with your own cross

Left hook- telephone block & throw your own hook immediately, bob & weave under it then throw hooks to the body and head

Left uppercut- nail him with a cross if he's open for it or slip to the outside and hook

Right uppercut- cross

Straight to body- parry with your lead, fire back with a cross, make sure your protect against hook

Left hook to body- he can only throw this if he's slipped your lead, don't let him get the angle in the first place otherwise his head's open to your lead hook

Right hook to body- he can only throw this if he's gotten the angle outside your rear so don't let him get the angle, otherwise a cross to the grille.

Get reply. Great response!

Comment

str8 left
          str8 left
          str8 left
          str8 left
          str8 left
          move right
          str8 left
          str8 left
          move right
          str8 left

Comment

Originally posted by Pork Chop View Post

Right uppercut- cross

Great post!! was a great read!! some realy good points

Comment

When he throws a left jab, counter with a right hook.

http://www.amazon.com/Joe-Gans-Biogr...e=UTF8&s=books

Comment

mj5--001

The Air Jordan 5 was released in February 1990. Four models of the Air Jordan V was released to the public. Two models which are the Black/Black-Metallic Silver and White/Fire Red-Black had MJs number “23″ on the side. Limited to only 100 pairs each, and were given to unfortunate kids or auctioned off as charity.

Comment

Excellent tips

Excellent tips .I really appreciate all these points, and I agree completely…

Comment

Thanks for the tips! I can use these once I start sparring. I got another question for you guys. I'm new to the sport, just been in the gym for 5 days. I'm a short southpaw (5'2") and I was told to just throw punches at some guy who is probably (5'5"-5'8"). Nonetheless, he was quite a bit taller than me. The exercise was to throw punches at him and he would work on his defense. I found it really hard to even get in and use that to my advantage. How do I work on that? I also found it that since he was so big, he would just head rush me around the ring so I wouldn't be able to jab or do anything really. One guy from my gym said to clinch when he does that. Is that the correct way to deal with that problem?

Comment

Working...
                    X