Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is pac a coward ............. or just greedy ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone please tell me how a prime, future HOFer, #1 P4P fighter asking for 5 more percent than a concencus inferior fighter, greedy???

As a matter of fact, he is willing to throw away $15 million on a principle.... That is not only noble but something we may never see again.

Comment

Originally posted by nycbigdogII View Post
      Someone please tell me how a prime, future HOFer, #1 P4P fighter asking for 5 more percent than a concencus inferior fighter, greedy???

As a matter of fact, he is willing to throw away $15 million on a principle.... That is not only noble but something we may never see again.
      grrrrrrrrrr its get me so annoyed when people say p4p 1 ................................. hello its a ****in opinion!!....................................... its not a fact it has no weight at all ............ i cud say hatton is p4p 1 ...................... and id be just as right as anyone else you know why ...................... coz its a ****in opinion !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fatmash View Post
        its cause and affect ................... hes never faced a ricky hatton as he ?............. a naturaly bigger man a naturaly stronger man .......... maybe people around him have told him hatton is all wrong for him ......
        hatton is a step up version of david diaz. pac brutalized him.

its simple - take away the absurd assumption of pac being a coward and look into the economic facet of the equation - there is where the answer is.

when a man's taken on the MAB's, morales', marques', ODLH's of the world - you're known as a lot of things - and coward is NOT one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
          hatton is a step up version of david diaz. pac brutalized him.

its simple - take away the absurd assumption of pac being a coward and look into the economic facet of the equation - there is where the answer is.

when a man's taken on the MAB's, morales', marques', ODLH's of the world - you're known as a lot of things - and coward is NOT one of them.
          and the economic facts is ...................................... hatton brings in more money so if it was poorly about economics facts hatton would get the bigger cut .................. right or wrong ?

Comment

grrrrrrrrrr its get me so annoyed when people say p4p 1 ................................. hello its a ****in opinion!!....................................... its not a fact it has no weight at all ............ i cud say hatton is p4p 1 ...................... and id be just as right as anyone else you know why ...................... coz its a ****in opinion !!!!!!!
            Thats fine, you can have a personal opinion, but who else shares that view???... Now, if a CONSENSUS of people (sports writers, public, people in the sport) backs up your claim then your opinion gains merit... So for now, your view of Hatton being P4P #1 is no less credible than me saying that I am santa clause simply because noone else believe but you and I..

Comment

and the economic facts is ...................................... hatton brings in more money so if it was poorly about economics facts hatton would get the bigger cut .................. right or wrong ?
              hatton may bring in more money, but its not by any means that much more substantial than what pac brings! by no means! every mango eating pinoy would purchase that PPV and even more be at the actual fight - ESPECIALLY in vegas - the brits would be dwarfed in the crowd.

when you've taken on the best and have WON like pac has for damn near his entire career - then a guy whos lower echelon, like hatton, should concede some things.

it's a pretty bad decision by ricky because he has a good chance in this fight, albeit a small one.

Comment

I wouldn't call him a coward, i mean he fought oscar and we didn't know he was shot before that fight, so it was a big risk, bigger than fighting Hatton in my opinion. But I think his new found worldwide fame has gone to his head a bit, I dont think it's really about the money, Pac just wants more as he feels he is worth more that Ricky.

Comment

Originally posted by nycbigdogII View Post
                  Thats fine, you can have a personal opinion, but who else shares that view???... Now, if a CONSENSUS of people (sports writers, public, people in the sport) backs up your claim then your opinion gains merit... So for now, your view of Hatton being P4P #1 is no less credible than me saying that I am santa clause simply because noone else believe but you and I..
                  its not my view !!!! im playin devils advercat .................... but you cant say p4p 1 like its some sort of fact.............. it isnt my friend !!! for every sports writer or fan who thinks pac is p4p 1 there will be a writer or fan who thinks calzaghe is or jmm is or hopkins or who ever the **** else !!! ................ just gets anoyyin thats all didnt mean to single you out for my wrath lol

Comment

I can see why Pac wants the lion's share of the pot. And 55-45 in favor of Pac seems reasonable to me.

Pac has established himself as a marquee fighter, capable of generating PPV numbers. He has taken one big fight after another, one big name after another, and he has been successful in nearly all of them.

He just whipped ODLH in a fight that was supposed to be a circus, and in that fight, he was given only a 32% cut against de la hoya's 68%. In 2008, Pac won in 3 different weight divisions; captured titles in 2 of them, and embarrassed Oscar in the process. Not even a prime Mayweather was able to do that to Oscar the year prior.

What has Hatton done lately? He lost to Mayweather, and then beat up on 2 journeymen in 2008. No risk in his last two fights; he was supposed to win those fights.

If you base your comparison on what they've accomplished lately, then there's no comparison. Ricky hasn't done ****. In fact, he hasn't accomplished as much as Pacquiao has since beating a 36 y/o Kostya Tsyzu. With the exception of Mayweather, Hatton has only fought fighters that he was supposed to beat. And some people will even argue that Ricky was given a gift decision against Luis Callozo.

So tell me, why does he deserve 50% against Pacquiao?

Comment

Originally posted by seal View Post
                      I can see why Pac wants the lion's share of the pot. And 55-45 in favor of Pac seems reasonable to me.

Pac has established himself as a marquee fighter, capable of generating PPV numbers. He has taken one big fight after another, one big name after another, and he has been successful in nearly all of them.

He just whipped ODLH in a fight that was supposed to be a circus, and in that fight, he was given only a 32% cut against de la hoya's 68%. In 2008, Pac won in 3 different weight divisions; captured titles in 2 of them, and embarrassed Oscar in the process. Not even a prime Mayweather was able to do that to Oscar the year prior.

What has Hatton done lately? He lost to Mayweather, and then beat up on 2 journeymen in 2008. No risk in his last two fights; he was supposed to win those fights.

If you base your comparison on what they've accomplished lately, then there's no comparison. Ricky hasn't done ****. In fact, he hasn't accomplished as much as Pacquiao has since beating a 36 y/o Kostya Tsyzu. With the exception of Mayweather, Hatton has only fought fighters that he was supposed to beat. And some people will even argue that Ricky was given a gift decision against Luis Callozo.

So tell me, why does he deserve 50% against Pacquiao?

1 because hatton is champ at 140
                      2 because hatton will bring in more revenue than pac
                      3 beuase the oldest wiseist heads in the game think it should be 50-50 split

i think when bob arum and freddie roach think its a fair deal ................... its a fair deal

Comment

Working...
                      X